Plumbing tubing

Mr Coeur de Lion

They make the internal diameter standard, ie 100mm, 38mm etc.

Why on earth don't these idiot designers make the external dimensions standard too???????? How hard can it be to make it standard???? I've spent the last day back and forth to the hardware trying to match my wc evacuation pipework because they stock a different type of tube to what my plumber used. And it's still not matched up. Arrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!

Rant over.

The internal dimensions are fine, they fit together no problems. It's the external dimensions that is the problem. For example, I had two 90 deg turns making a 180 deg turn. Comparing the original to the new, the distance of the new 180 deg turn overhangs the destination pipe by around 10 cm. It's that dimension I have a problem with.

However, after another day of jiggery pokery, I have ripped out the old and put in a new, and I think I've done a better job of it too.

Finally, we can go to the loo again!

Sniff, think I'd better have a shower too.

Just at a matter of interest, they also do a 110mm pipe and fittings too. We found that out when we added our new loo and I decided to measure the existing foul drain pipe size before chopping in to it to 'T' in the new loo with the 100mm swept 'T' I had!!! It took ages, but I found to 110mm 'T' and the reducer to 100mm...