Another plasterboard/ insulation question

Aitch

Further to earlier post and Clairs' links for plasterboard etc. I did not realise that there was such a bewildering choice of what's available.

Basically, I want to insulate and plasterboard between the beams in our room. I have seen the sizes I want (2.8mx1.2m) but there is, 'placque de platres isolava' and 'placque de platres ADH.' both with and without, 'pose avec bande' and either 10mm or 13mm. I can't get a translation for the description, so the simple question is, what is the difference and which would be the best, or would either suffice?

As for insulation, are there any similar, cheaper alternatives to 'Rockwool'?

Thanks,

Aitch

http://www.isolava.fr/idis049.htm

As far as I am aware Isolava are simply a manufacturer of plaques de plaite

http://www.leroymerlin.fr/catalogue_leroy_merlin/cloison-plafond/plaques-de-platre/PLAQUE_HYDRO_NF_H1_BA13_250X120CM_ADH_ref63955696.htm

and I believe ADH are also a manufacturer or brand.

Pose avec bande, does not mean fronting the Rolling Stones or the Darkness, but does mean that the long edges of the band are chamfered so that you can law a strip of self adhesive gauze down the joint then only ‘plaster’ the joint strip to achieve a good finish. Pose sans band means there is no chamfer and are better if you are going to skim the whole wall or cealing.

10 mm is thinner, less strong and cheaper than 13 mm

In general cheaper insulation may lack a vapour barrier or shed even more unpleasant hairs when you cut it.

Thanks for the info. That clears up a lot of confusion. Pose avec bande does lead one into other areas of one's life. Down the pub, my claim to fame was that I played with the Shadows at the Paris Olympia in 1978, but again another story.

Thanks

Aitch