2 way switching

Nick M

I’ll try not to make this too long but

Can anyone tell me if 2 way switching in France can be carried out using multi-core rigide cables (RO3V to 1st switch and RO4V between switches) or is it all done in gaine with single cables as this is the only method I’ve seen in my French wiring book. And I have not seen the 4 core (3 + Earth) cable in  brico depot although I seen it in their catalogue

Also if using single cables do the switch feeds, switch lines, strappers ( L1 & L2) and common conductors have a specific color codes, because I;ve only used multi- core rigide cables so far with brown and black conductors.

Thank you for your answers

Nick M

Up to 7 core 1.5 cable rigid is available from memory :  Yellow/Green (Earth) , Blue (Neutral) and Red, Orange, Black, White, Purple and Brown. Never found any offcial code on pairing of colours. BricoDepot and Leroy Merlin do stock both reels and sell by the meter 4,5 and 7 core.

You can and as others have said (N & E apart), the colours are unimportant.

However, if you are doing a 2-way circuit, the "strapper" consists of 3 wires only and you will find it far far cheaper to use 3 single cables than a 5-core. If you have more than 2 (or even 2) switches, use a télérupteur - only 2 wires (one of which can be neutral) to each switch.

Then again, Legrand do a super range of radio switches that need no wires at all!