double glazed window units

dragonrouge

We live in a protected village and where the Batiments of France guys control strictly (and so they should) what happens here.

However making a major investment in doubled glazed units. Does anyone please (and this is a long shot) have any direct experiences of an artisan or window supplier near to Fontenay le Comte in 85

many thanks

Thanks and I am so grateful. But these are non standard windows so it is going to be somewhat difficult as I am an absolute non starter diy wise to put these in.

However am going to Niort next week and will chat to the people there.

What should I really be looking for in that the L'Impot guys need for tax purposes certain qualifications as to the bio efficency of the units.

Lapeyre also supply to measure, details available at the store, but probably at around twice the price. I assume you are replacing the frames also.

There are doubtless many other suppliers; I use Lapeyre because they are nearby, their quality/price is reasonable, I can order online, and they inform me when to collect.

Our window openings were adjusted to accept standard dimensions when the windows were replaced. The cost of this came out less than the extra cost of non standard units, and simplifies any replacement due to breakage in the future. We also have larger windows than before in rooms which were a bit dark.

Standard windows come in 5 or 10 cm increments of height and width, so there is not necessarily much building work needed to modify the openings. There is a certain amount of building work required to fit window frames properly in any case.

Any supplier should be able to supply specifications for the tax people, and should also be able to advise you on this aspect.

Hint.

If you go for the nearest 'standard' size then have subframes made to fit behind the reveal you can generally get a good result. There's a chap does this round our way in the Mayenne I am sure there will be others.