Oven disjoncteur

ragondin

I know the normes say you should have a 32A disjonteur and a 6mm feed to the kitchen for a plaque de cuisson, but we have a UK oven rated at 13 kW so would the Consuel be happy to see a 45A breaker with a 10mm feed?

Thanks for any advice.

Not if you only have a 6, 9 or 12 kilowatt supply [:)]

The only people that I know that  have an equivalent to the 60 amp standard UK supply are the owners of my local brasserie and even their pizza oven only takes 4 Kw, their monthly abonnement brings tears to my eyes.

I hope that you have deep pockets.

[quote user="ragondin"]I know the normes say you should have a 32A disjonteur and a 6mm feed to the kitchen for a plaque de cuisson, but we have a UK oven rated at 13 kW so would the Consuel be happy to see a 45A breaker with a 10mm feed? Thanks for any advice.[/quote]

There are no 45A breakers.

The spec for a French cooker feed is 32A. If you have a cooker that needs more, then you can't use it. Simple, really!

Consider the other problems; if you have a 13Kw cooker, you are going to need a 18Kw supply (otherwise you will not be able boil a kettle whilst cooking). 18Kw suppllies are rare in France and, IME impossible to get anywhere rural. Your cooker will not be available in France and hence will not be approved for use here. Where will you get spares from?