Replacement Windows

cruddler

Hi,

We are looking to replace the original single paned windows on our house with Double/Triple glazing. None of our windows are standard size plus we are after as high an insulation standard as possible so we have so far got quotes from KParK, Tryba and Internorm. I just wondered has anyone used any of these companies and if so what do they think of their work/product? Are there any others that anyone could recommend?

Thanks

Andy

Hi,

I am collecting my new windows from Lapeyre in Boulogne (other branches throughout France). I have an English builder lined up to fit them as Lapeyre's artisans charge an arm and a leg. I only bought 3 windows for the front of  my house. They are from their Classic range and are guaranteed for 15 years. Cost for 3 sized 155 x 110cm = 782,00€. I did go and see them in their showroom before deciding to buy and you could see the difference in their Classic range and their (much cheaper) Isoprix range. They also do wood and alu. Service was superb but not pushy. At present they have a 20-30% reduction on windows that are made to measure. website is www.lapeyre.fr if you need to have a look.

tuppence

Are there any good menusiers in the region (where are you in 71?) you could get to give you quotes.  We've just had our house fitted throughout with new windows, shutters, doors, French window, internal doors.  The menusier made them to measure and they are of suberb quality and didn't cost an arm and a leg.  Our smallest windows are 1680x1550 and all are different.

Thanks for the replies.

Bluebell, we are just round the corner from you so to speak in Curtil. There is a local Menusier and he is hopefully going to build us a staircase, but we are in an old stone house and we would like to insulate as much as we possibly can and in this era of argon/krypton filled engineered windows, I just cant see how our local man could produce windows with a U value anywhere near what we are after.

Has anyone else used Lapeyre? We've had some bad reports locally so hadnt bothered with them

Yes, you are very near to me.  Our menusier fitted already sealed double glazed panes in Burgundy oak frames.  There is about 15mm between the panes and the whole thing is very solid, and very much nicer than anything I have ever seen for sale.