HELP ! - cannot find galv. bell cast bead ?

Lorribee

I am trying to find galv. render stop , also known as plaster beading or bell cast bead in the uk. I cannot believe it is not sold here. i have tried Brico depot. R.Melins , Leroy Merlins, and also looked on Pont Ps website. The staff in Leroy Merlin told me the french builders cut it and bend it themselves from plain zinc sheet. Anyone know were I can source it in the Indre or Creuse ?

[quote user="Lorribee"]I am trying to find galv. render stop , also known as plaster beading or bell cast bead in the uk. I cannot believe it is not sold here. i have tried Brico depot. R.Melins , Leroy Merlins, and also looked on Pont Ps website. The staff in Leroy Merlin told me the french builders cut it and bend it themselves from plain zinc sheet. Anyone know were I can source it in the Indre or Creuse ?[/quote]

You had better believe it [;-)]

You will have to find your own work around like so many things I am afraid,, whilst it could undoubtedly be formed from a zinc feuille the couvrers around here could not be ar5ed to do anything as technical or indeed necessary as that and hence I have never yet in 5 years seen a bell cast on a rendered facade, I have however seen plenty of damp facades [:D]

If you take the time to do it (which I certainly would) be prepared for a lot of bemused looks and tradesmen offering you advice like "if you do that you will get damp" etc etc.

You would not believe the number of tradespeople that stopped to ogle while I was doing my block paving, several of them told me that I needed to arrose the dried jointing sand in order for it to fill the joints, in the end it was easier to tell them that they were right and I was waiting for the rain than to discuss the mechanics of un sablier.