Floor tiles

Dennisj

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a supplier of floor tiles in area 16, Ruffec is the nearest town but the range in the local brico depot etc is not very large. Alternatively is it cheaper to purchase them in the uk, I can get hold of a van so transport is not a problem.

Many thanks.

I don't think they are cheaper in the UK. When I last looked BD in Angouleme had a pretty decent selection at around 10euro m2 upwards. There used to be a place in Charroux run by an Englishman called Colin but I'm not sure if he's still there.

http://www.qype.fr/place/preview/fr-271518-carrelage-colin-charroux

http://www.bricodepot.fr/angouleme-champniers/search/node/carrelage

No, not gold plated, but that has given me an idea..........[:)]  A rectangular tile sub-divided into smaller slats with a dark wood effect finish, probably sounds awful but it looks lovely as an accent effect! It was £49.95 per sq mtr in B&Q, and I tore the page out to take with me on my next trip to France to see if I could get anything similar, found exactly the same pattern in either Brico depot or Castorama can't remember which one for 15.98 euros per sq mtr...... result!

You can find nice tiles for a good price in the UK unlike France. But sometimes you have to hunt for the best buy. Brico Depots tile aisle is like a time warp. A walk into the past but only as far back as he 1983. If importing yourself , the last time i bought bulk a pallet was just over 40m2 and weighed 850 kilos. Obviously this varies depending on the tile. A full pallet should get you a discount.