Certificate de Conformite

Angie

Hi all

Just a quick post.  We had a new house constructed by a nationally recognised French building company which was completed in June 2008.  Does anyone know who's responsibility it is to obtain the Certificate de Conformite?  The local planning office have been very unhelpful and just thrust these forms into our hands but there is information on there that we cannot complete without the help of the builder.  However, the building company, now that they have all their money, are just not playing ball and no-one there responds to our letters or emails.  Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi, Our neighbours have this certificate, they filled in the form `Fin de declaration de travaux' which the builder gives you or I think that you can get from the mairie. You take this to the mairie and they send it to the DDE who checks it and sends the certificat de conformité back to the mairie. sorry to say but once the builders have their money they usually won't help, I'd try the mairie and ask for the form fin de declaration de travaux.

Thanks so much for your replies.

I actually emailed the Declaration of completion of work that we received from the builder to the Mairie about 3 months ago.  I asked him if this was sufficient but received no response.  I emailed again and the response finally came back that I need to go onto the website at the local planning office, download the forms and fill them in, then submit 3 copies to the Mairie and he would apply for the COC; however, there are questions on these forms that I cannot answer without the builders assistance such as does the construction comply with certain "codes" etc.  If what you are both saying is correct, then the Mairie has given me the wrong information (not the first time I might add) so perhaps I should persist with him.  Really appreciate this, thank you