Camping gas cooker

Bertie

While waiting for a kitchen to be installed, I'm using a 2 burner/grill Camping Gaz cooker and am getting through camping gaz bottles very quickly

I know the camping holiday companies attach the larger domestic size bottles to camping stoves in their tent setups, so, what do I need to do the same. Bottle would need to be installed inside.

New kitchen looks to be a while off yet!!!

Thanks

Bertie

Also not a lot of use to OP, but a Remoska from Lakeland would be very useful for anyone without a kitchen. We use ours all year round, but especially find it great not to have to use the oven at all in summer, as the kitchen gets very hot; we use it on the balcony and call it our summer kitchen.  [:)]. They are wonderful things, and really work; reading this forum convinced me to buy one, and after using it once my OH was convinced too. He still doesn't quite get it, as it seems a very primitive little cooker, but we cook all sorts of fish and meat meals in it; I've yet to try cakes and pastry, but apparently it does all that sort of thing too. It also costs very little to run.

[quote user="Bertie"]While waiting for a kitchen to be installed, I'm using a 2 burner/grill Camping Gaz cooker and am getting through camping gaz bottles very quickly I know the camping holiday companies attach the larger domestic size bottles to camping stoves in their tent setups, so, what do I need to do the same. Bottle would need to be installed inside. New kitchen looks to be a while off yet!!! Thanks Bertie[/quote]

You probably just need a new bottle (butane usually) and an appropriate regulator to fit the bottle. You can check the operating pressure required, it should be marked on the cooker, then check that the regulator provides that pressure. I don't think it can be any more complicated than that!

Many houses use cookers operated by bottled gas and the bottle often resides in an adjacent cupboard. A better solution is to have the bottles in an outer utility area and have proper plumbed copper piping to the cooker. This type of installation often uses two very tall cylinders with a changeover valve, and the gas will often last for a year or more.

Ventilation: you should check that the room (kitchen?) has sufficient ventilation; a gas cooker burns off the oxygen in the air.

Sid

Camping Gaz burners are of two different types: Those which fit/screw directly to the gas canister, and those which are fed via a rubber pipe from a regulator on the bottle.

If the former, then you are stuck with C.Gaz bottles/canisters because they run at high pressure. If the latter, then you simply need to go to your nearest supermarket and sign up for a bottle of their own brand gas. This will probably (unless you brico has an offer) be the cheapest way of starting a bottle (for example, my local LeClerc currently has the dumpy bottles - 12kg I think - for just 5E signup).

Then you need to go into the store and buy a butane regulator.

You could always go for a 'Cube' but that's not much bigger than the largest Camping Gaz bottle, so you'd not really be ahead of the game, and that too needs a regulator, but it is a special one which drops onto a spring-loaded valve on the top of the tank, (essentially the same as Calor introduced 10 years ago, but - naturally this being France - just sufficiently different in design as to make Calor regulators inoperable) as opposed to screwing into the top.

Camping Gaz is butane, so the pressure coming out of your current regulator is the same as that on any of the butane regulators.

Don't go for Propane unless you are planning to plumb it into the kitchen from outside - interdit indoors.

p