ERDF Problems

BruceL

Does anyone have any problem with ERDF coming to inspect their electrics? I have been waiting for ten weeks and all they do is keep sending back forms asking for information which they already have. Everyone you tell give the "Gallic Shrug" and say "Thats ERDF". Any ideas how I can get my electric turned on?

ERDF/EDF do not inspect electrical installations.

You can apply at any time to have a "branchement definitive" created, i.e. having all the necessary overhead &/or underground works done by ERDF (not EDF, please note). In order to make such a supply permanently live EDF (or whichever supplier you choose) will require an "Attestation

de Conformité" from CONSUEL (http://www.consuel.com), who are the only

people approved to carry out this task. Such an inspection & certificate cannot be issued until the installation in your property is complete. As a stop gap you can have a temporary meter for up to a year in order to carry out building works.

See my previous post. Your new installation requires an inspection by CONSUEL before EDF (or whichever supplier you choose) can make your new supply live. This assumes you already have the "branchement" in place.

Normally if doing a full rewire that requires a new supply an electrician would arrange the inspection & be present to explain/fix anything untoward at the time in order to avoid a costly re-inspection. At least, that's what I always do.