Low chimney- Woodburner problem.

stan

I am hoping to improve the draw of my burner and double flue chimney system by installing fitting a particular type of anti-downdraft cowl. At the moment, the top of the chimney is about 1m above the eaves and 2m vertically from the roof ridge. Horizontally the end of the flue pipe is about 1.5m from the nearest point on the terracotta tile roof. I understand the regulations stating that normal chimney should be  at least 50cm (or thereabouts) above the roff ridge, however I am sure I saw a regulation where a horizontal minimum distance was ok if the chimney vented below the roof ridge. We have no near neighbours,, if this is relevant.

Can anyone clarify the regulations on this.

Do check this out more thoroughly (go to the Poujoulat website - they have comprehensive info in their documents), but I beleive that flues & chimneys need to be rise at least 400mm above the ridge line & have no obstacles higher than said ridge for a diameter of 8 metres.

Your problem is very typical of the problems you get with misplaced flues, which is why the regulation exists.