New French order NOR : DEVO0809422A , micro station d'epuration.

mayennesat

hi wastetech, if you've got anything to do with wte then you know all about biorock. its not listed in j.o. but biorock.de told me when i bought mine that it has the best results of any of the tested stuff and its good for 6 eh. i hope they didn't merde de taureau me.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="broy"]hi wastetech, if you've got anything to do with wte then you know all about biorock. its not listed in j.o. but biorock.de told me when i bought mine that it has the best results of any of the tested stuff and its good for 6 eh. i hope they didn't merde de taureau me.
[/quote]

If you go to page 6 of the thread there is a post dated 06/11/2010 in which I have summarised my complete and total knowledge of the BIOROCK situation.

I have read the post twice and can find no error in either fact or opinion. As an assistance to wastetech I attach a copy.

06/11/2010, 10:45

pachapapa

Joined on 02/06/2008
Posts 1,875

Re: New French order NOR : DEVO0809422A , micro station d'epuration.

broy wrote:

Has the Biorock been approved?

No! But rumour has it that they were the candidates for Agrément 2010-001; rumour says that only the 5 EH coco massif unit passed the 20 EH unit failed.

Then again there was an application for agrément dated 16th Aug 2010 to the CERIB by BIOROCK Luxembourg.

http://www.bi-eau.eu/images/jpg/pdf_2_fr-produits-116.pdf

The hearsay information was taken from a forum for professional SPANC operatives, many of these people have close liaison with the approved inspection authorities.

I would suggest that wisetech phones the enterprise in the Royal High Duchy of Luxembourg to establish the facts of the matter rather than make pernicious accusations that PPP has made a mistake.[:D]

With reference to the Original Post by Mayennesat informing of the active participation by SOLVIT in getting the french authorities hung out to dry; I have yet again revised for the umpteenth time the list of current Agréments for Mini Waste Water treatment Systems but I can find nothing corresponding with the UNI SYSTEM imported from Ireland.

Can you help on that one wastetech, please?

Yesterday, 21:06

bioverte

Joined on 15/11/2010
Posts 1

micro stations d'epuration

To answer the posting about the Uni. 

The Uni system is on sale from UK suppliers, however the manufacturers, Killarney Plastics from Sth Ireland have now applied for the numero d'agrement in France under the name Tri-cel P6 ( same system as the Uni 6 but has been re-badged by the UK supplier) and should have this number from the Ministry of Health by the end of December which is when the second list of conforming stations will be issued.

As it stands at the moment, the first list that was issued in July 2010 has only the following systems on it:

The 6 manufacturers and models on the first list and which are the only ones on the Spanc list for installation & use are:

Compacto 4ST2                 (Agrément National France N° 2010-002)

Topaze T5                         (Agrément National France N° 2010-003)

Actibloc 2500 - 2500 SL  (Agrément National France N° 2010-004)

Bionest PE5                      (Agrément National France N° 2010-005)

Biofrance F4 et Plast F4  :(Agrément N° 2010-006  and  Agrément N° 2010-007)

Septodiffuseur models Sd 14, SD 22 and SD 23     (Agrément National France N° 2010-008)

Bio Verte Environnement has a document on the website on the downloads page called "how it affects you" which gives a good explanation about changes and the role of the Mairies and Spancs. The sensible thing when planning for a micro station is to always use an Etude.

300 euro yes, but worth every penny.

• 1 month later...

However notwithstanding the request for the list; I note that a french constructor and vendor of treatment plants advised yesterday 05/01/11 that he had received a letter from the supplier that the letter from the minister advising of the agrément of the BioRock unit. The minister also advises that appearance in the Journal Officiel is anticipated shortly. The supplier also draws attention to the similarity between the BioRock and Compacto 5 EH units.

#########

• MicroSpanc

Re : Enfin la liste complete des agrements sur le site du ministere

« Réponse #100 le: Hier à 21:29:43 »

Bonjour,

J'ai reçu de la société Biorock la lettre d'acceptation du ministère, la parution aux jo devrait suivre rapidement.

C'est une solution de filtration, similaire à Compact'o, pour 5eh

Sorry, I meant the the French approvals list at www.assainissement-non-collectif.developpement-durable.gouv.fr/article.php3?id_article=185.

However, since I posted I've received an email from the Biorock manufacturer with the formal approval document No 2010-026 attached, dated 24th December.

I'm strongly minded to go ahead with this system because of its claimed performance, the fact that it uses no power and can cope with being unused for up to six months, which is good for our holiday home

Bill, BioRock sounds a bit like the Holy Grail. Can you confirm that, as far as you know it is approved, is a toute eaux system, requires no other bits (like a lit de sable), no power and can cope with periods of inactivity. Any idea where one would find a French qualified installer? I'm in Dept 24.

[quote user="Jon02"]Bill, BioRock sounds a bit like the Holy Grail. Can you confirm that, as far as you know it is approved, is a toute eaux system, requires no other bits (like a lit de sable), no power and can cope with periods of inactivity. Any idea where one would find a French qualified installer? I'm in Dept 24.
[/quote]

The technical characteristics are precisely detailed on pages 3-6 of the pdf document with active link in the post above; I commend those pages in particular to your perusal..

I understand it's all of that, and certainly no lit de sable. I'm in 31, and I've been pointed to Olivier GABEN - RAINB'EAU 06 80 94 09 24 [email protected]. www.hqeaux.com seems to cover other areas too. Yet to make contact, however, so my information so far is only from the website of the manufacturer and a phone conversation with the UK supplier for Biorock

[quote user="pachapapa"]The technical characteristics are precisely detailed on pages 3-6 of the pdf document with active link in the post above; I commend those pages in particular to your perusal..[/quote]

OK I have perused and I know what it's made of, volume, pipe diameters and stuff. Intermittent usage as well. Nothing on power.

[quote user="Jon02"][quote user="pachapapa"]The technical characteristics are precisely detailed on pages 3-6 of the pdf document with active link in the post above; I commend those pages in particular to your perusal..[/quote]
OK I have perused and I know what it's made of, volume, pipe diameters and stuff. Intermittent usage as well. Nothing on power.
[/quote]

Wake up at the back! The message is in the text. It qualifies for PTZ, gravitational, if it had penlite with an LED....no tax relief.[;-)]

It now appears that only the smallest of the Biorock appliances have been approved - why all three don't get the nod at the same time is a bit beyond me, seeing that they're all identical apart from tank capacity. Plumber is keen on a French-made system called Calona Purflo using coconut fibre filters which has apparently been approved; anyone know anything about it?

[quote user="billshields"]It now appears that only the smallest of the Biorock appliances have been approved - why all three don't get the nod at the same time is a bit beyond me, seeing that they're all identical apart from tank capacity. Plumber is keen on a French-made system called Calona Purflo using coconut fibre filters which has apparently been approved; anyone know anything about it?[/quote]

That only ONE BioRock appliance was approved was in my humble opinion self evident from a perusal of page 4 of the letter advising of the authorisation advice and the pending promulgation in the Official Journal of the French Republic.

Simple choice do you prefer an activated surfactant on glass wool or coco nut matting. The second sounds suitable for a South Pacific Island. 

• 4 weeks later...
According to this website:

http://droit-finances.commentcamarche.net/contents/immobilier-emprunter/un-eco-pret-a-taux-zero-pour-les-travaux

the Biorock would also qualify for the 0% interest Eco Loan Scheme for up to a 10,000 Euros interest free loan for replacing an old sewage system. The Klargester and many of the others would not as they use electricity?

Whilst you are technically correct, the main problem with the biorock is that the treated water is around a meter down so will frequently then need a pump station to get rid of the water - so be certain to factor this in on cost/future inconvenience - also the filter part will clog up in time and require maintenance that includes hoisting all that sodden "mess " out.

AND - until we get to read the conditions attached to the certification we won't know whether it needs a sand filter after it to conform - as indeed The Topaz unit l’agrément n°2010-003 does - yes you did read correctly - you may still need a sand filter!! (in which case this is a very expensive fosse septique)

As ever, the devil is in the details - and not forgetting, if you just go right ahead and install a CE marked En 12566-3 unit, there is no mechanism in place ie law that can force you to remove it - and you aren't breaking any rules unless the SPANC can prove it isn't working to specifications!

Anyway, lets face it, for the little units that are CE tested and approved, they will all appear in the JO sooner or later - commercial suicide not to - so back to square one on choice - some will be reliable and good value - some will still be very unreliable (mentioning no names - Klarg*ster) or very smelly (ANything to do with coco matting flapping around in a box like a smelly japanese deer chaser!)

Alternatively, we can always just pee up a bush and No2's in a bucket on the veggie garden as in the good old days . . .