Help with some builders terms please

Pads

Can any one help me with a couple of builders terms which Im not sure of

1, Faîtage et rive batie .... Is this make and fit the fascia for the guttering to go on ?

2, Pose tuile canal de récupération en couverture y compris crochets ... Is this putting back on the tiles and making them good and adding clips to hold them on ?

3, Dépose couverture, volige et chevrons ..... Put down a cover and ??? the rafters ?

We have a old u shape pink tiled roof which is cemented on at the mo but if I understood him correctly he wanted to take off the roof and put back on with clips instead of cementing, is this a better way ? ( I see all the houses in the village that have been done up have changed to this method ) I want whats best not whats cheapest or easier for him .... do I need to get him to change this ?? Any advice please ?

Many thanks  

I don't know the technical terms...[:)]

faitage: picture

rive batie: where the top of the wall is covered with mortar and roof tiles pushed into it.

Pose tuile canal de récupération en couverture y compris crochets = refit used/old roof tiles, including clips

Dépose couverture, volige et chevrons = fitting of cover (could be breather membrane), sarking (boards placed between the rafters and the roof, sometimes called the 'soffit') and rafters.

PS: if it's wrong, blame Mr Clair... [Www]

Faitage (ridge tiles) and rive (edges) to be cemented in place the rest I think will be fitted with clips which are included. The usual system around here with canal tile roofs is to replace the under tiles with a version with a nib which hooks over battens rather than just sitting on boards (volige). You then use the best old (recuperation) tiles as over tiles, but I have also seen stainless steel or copper clips used.

Many thanks to both of you ... that sounds like what he was telling me and what I can see has been done on other roofs

He makes no mention of labour on the quote but Im assuming thats normally included ?

It ends..

Total H.T.

TVA 19,60%

Total TTC

I guess this is amout plus tax equals ? ..... but what do these letters stand for in french ?( full words) 

Ta

[quote user="Clair"]I don't know the technical terms...[:)]

faitage: picture

rive batie: where the top of the wall is covered with mortar and roof tiles pushed into it.

Pose tuile canal de récupération en couverture y compris crochets = refit used/old roof tiles, including clips

Dépose couverture, volige et chevrons = fitting of cover (could be breather membrane), sarking (boards placed between the rafters and the roof, sometimes called the 'soffit') and rafters.

PS: if it's wrong, blame Mr Clair... [Www]
[/quote]

When do we start blaming him then ???? [Www]

Rive Batie : The rives are the sloped part of the roof that meets your vertical side walls (not the side with the gutters) . The tuiles canal that create a seal over this part will be bedded into ciment (ideally lime render).

Faitage is the top of your roof where the 2 slopes meet ( I can only guess that the same work will be carried out on this part too).

Depose couverture/volige et chevrons = removal of existing tuile canals (couverture) removal of voliges (planks that hold your tuile canals in place) removal of chevrons (beams on which your volige sit).

The old tuiles canals will be (should be...) inspected, cleaned and repositioned using small purpose built hooks ( crochets). Crochets are the best way to fit re-used tuiles canals as they allow some movements in high wind. Using Silicon or cimenting your tuiles in place is only asking for troubles at a later date (when the bond between the 2 fails). The only part of the tuiles canals that should be embedded in ciment are those sticking out of the wall on the gutter side.

...No charge...[:D]