cladding internal exterior wall with brushed pine.

richyrich2

I have decided to create an alpine feel to Our apartment, and would like to clad the exterior(internal) walls with brushed pine boards.

My question is: would it be non advisable to fill the 4cm thick stud wall void, with 4cm rockwool slabs? The rooms are pretty cold and poorly insulated, but I don't want to lose internal space, using thicker insulation, and the foil needs a substantial air gap.

Thanks for advise.

Rich, what are your walls made from?

Higher insulation levels are from rigid foam boards and they do not take on moisture like rockwool/laine de verre, an air gap may still be preferable depending on the construction of the wall also a vapour barrier.

Our first house here had pine cladding (lambris) fixed on a wooden frame with fibreglass insulation behind it, about 4cm , and the room was warm - there was just one central gas stove for a very large open plan room.

I must say though that I hated it, and painted it all magnloia.

But chacun à son gout [:)]

Thanks everyone. The walls are breeze block, I think. ( they are in the loft ), plastered on inside, Insulated with something, possibly paper, ( not good, but 45cm thick) 1971 construction, wooden boards exterior. Climate is pretty dry here 1000m altitude. Other people have appeared to have done similar work in the area, so feel confident. It's just that when you research deeper on the net, you start to question your techniques.