Installing Air Conditioning unit

Marronnier

My manual does give the procedure for those with one over-ride switch, is yours an air con only unit? (no heating function) if so then follow my instructions but wait 30 minutes before trying to change the temp.

On the non thermo pompe models it defaults to aircon mode at 24 degrees and the temp cannot be changed for 30 minutes, although the procedure does assume you do not have a working telecommand, I am guessing that after 30 minutes the same button can be used to control the temperature.

Its a defi isn't it? but well worth it once it starts blowing out air at one degree [:D]

[quote user="AnOther"]

[quote user="gyn_paul"]I've also got a very hot car because I can't bring myself to spend E2000 for Renault to replace the a/c compressor, so I'm steeled to expect a big number![/quote]Off topic but are you sure exactly what the problem is, everybody seems to automatically assume they need either a regas or a new compressor with their being nothing inbetween, when there are any number of other things which can go wrong, hub's coming off clutches for instance - repair cost 1x 8mm nut and an hour of my time !

Replacement compressors, new or recon, can be got for anything from £200 - £350 and fitting is not such a big or long job. Also it will almost certainly be a Sandon7V16 of one type or another as this seems to be the standard for the vast majority of European cars so a good chance of finding one in a breakers.

If however the compressor has gone big style and pumped debris around the system then you could indeed be looking at that sort of money for a proper repair [:(]

[/quote]

Or indeed £28 on Ebay, I now discover. Now I need to smile at my car-mending friend and hope he can fit it and get the thing re-gassed before winter sets in..

thanks for pointing me in the right direction.