Flashing (but not on and off)

Gyn_Paul

I've not needed it here in France so it's probably around and I've just not noticed it (as I have to constantly point out to my wife, we chaps are hunter-gatherers, and therefore genetically designed to only see things when they are moving: which is why I can open a drawer and not see the potato peeler, while she can).       [a likely story - Ed]

but...

I'm looking for rolls of adhesive flashing. The stuff I remember from the UK was about 6" high, by 2 or 3 m long. Made of v. thick alu (or a lead-alu-something alloy) with black bitumin-based adhesive on the back.  With a little gentle persuasion, and the mild application of a blowtorch, it could be made to stick to even quite friable surfaces.

Anyone come across it over here?  (I shudder to imagine the price!)

p

[quote user="Chancer"]

I was going to say never but did a google search and guess what, from the top of the page it appears to be available in the place where I thought I knew of all the stock, guess I must be a hunter gatherer too.

http://www.bricodepot.fr/toulon/node/479469

[/quote]

Absolutely right Chancer, I bought the same product last week in Bricodepot in Tours about 12 Euro for 10 metres