fibreglass resin supplies

Keelstow

I'm looking to do some roof repairs on my french property and wondered if anybody knew how easy it is to come by these materials in France.

whilst I could easily transport the materials from the UK there are some safety issues to consider and it would be good to locate a local source or delivery option. Unfortunately any searches using "fibre de verre" seem to come up with wallpapers and the like. some other results using "RESINE POLYESTER" seem to show prices almost double those in the UK

In the UK many roofing supplies carry the product as an alternative to lead, which is being stolen, but not sure if french are moving in the same dirrection

martin

looks like I can already answer my own question.. these people are relatively close and next door to the bricodepot we use. claim to be a leading french supplier making their own canoes.

http://www.powercomposite.fr/boutique/resine-polyester/99-resine-polyester-bidon-de-5kg.html

still way above UK prices but handy for job finishing needs

http://www.fibreglassdirect.co.uk/5kg-flex-roofing-resin-and-catalyst-100g-p-661.html

When you say "roof repairs" does that include wooden beams?

We had a beetle infestation (capricornes) in the roof timbers which have been treated (and are still being treated to deter the blighters from returning). Some sections of infected wood in the main frame were piggy-backed with new wood which I was assured would provide adequate strength and avoided effectively having to take the house apart to replace the A frame! But the damaged wood that was left in place looks very unsightly with chewed up sections a metre or so long and going almost half way through the large timbers. I wondered if I could fill them with resin, reinforced with steel.

Has anyone tried this and, if so, what materials do I need? I have not used resin before.