Tilt & turn window wont close

Doodle

Hi all,

I have a pvc tilt and turn window (guess it must be about 15 years old). Problem is that I can't turn the handle down to close it fully, it seems to have jammed.

Can anyone help me with how to get the darn thing closed.

If its a 2 leaf window then the other leaf must be closed and there will be a little latch that must be engaged to lock it closed, without that in place the tilt window wont lock closed.

if its not that tilt open the vantail and look and you will see a little latch that is operated when it is closed against the other vantail, this allows the locking to work, operate it by hand and try the locking handle then, often its just a question of wear and misalignment.

If you can make any sense of that explanation then good luck to you, I have assumed that its a French supplied oscillo_battant window.

Thanks for the info. I can close the window but can't lock it as I can't get the handle to budge from the horizontal position down to the closed position. I've taken off the screws etc and checked the workings but can't see what's not connecting. Looks like I'll be getting a company in to look at it.

Thanks anyway.

Thanks Benjamin, I've taken the handle off and compared the workings with one of the other windows and I still can't see the problem. I think it may be time to change the window as I don't know how long this particular one has been installed other than more than 10 years ago since I've owned the house. My neighbour tells me that a previous owner did some replacement windows around 20 years ago so I wonder if it's just suffering from old age !