adding extra room

josie

H everyone, just a quick question ( I think I know the answer!). Do you need permission (declaration prealable) to add a room on the downstairs of existing house? It would be direct into an adjoining garage (door already there). I have heard people mentioning 30m2 without permits etc, but not sure. Any pointers much appreciated, thanks

I would say that you should declare it, as where you are going to put it is not currently 'habitable'. It will then depend on your POS for your area.

And it was me with the 30m² saga and that was for a balcony, so not IMO, strictly 'habitable', but it did use up our POS and that was that. I think that we had wanted a 40m² balcony and were reduced to a 30m² one and were told firmly that that was it with regards to changing the house. When I asked about doing the loft space, they said no.

Incidentally, in my old area, they were checking properties to see what was actually there. I suppose that the regions like elsewhere need all the money in they can get, so is something that could easily reap rewards as so many people 'just' do jobs and never tell a soul.