Leaking Roof

Quillan

If you look at the ceiling the slight difference in height is the beam supporting the wall above.  This is why I said you need to look at the outside photos and think about where the walls are in relation to the front door so you can see which side the leak is when you look at the inside photo (which includes the door). The leak is on the inside of the beam but the inside of the beam is also the wall above in the bedroom (which sits on the neam) and there is no water running down the wall in the bedroom which logically should be happening. If the leak was on the other side then it would be on the outside of the wall with just a roof above it where the joint is in the photo of the roof joint and that would seem logical. I don't know if I have explained that well enough?

Last photograph, dead centre, the half tile bodge used as a flashing, its bottom edge has broken away, the gap has been mortared which has shrunk away, my money is on that is where your water is getting in.

Put a hosepipe up there just trickling above the fissure, you wont have to wait long.

The correct solution is to do a proper flashing that runs Under the tiles.

[quote user="Chancer"]

Last photograph, dead centre, the half tile bodge used as a flashing, its bottom edge has broken away, the gap has been mortared which has shrunk away, my money is on that is where your water is getting in.

Put a hosepipe up there just trickling above the fissure, you wont have to wait long.

The correct solution is to do a proper flashing that runs Under the tiles.

[/quote]

I will certainly do fix that but what I don't understand is that this is on the second of the three levels of roof and is on the 'wrong' side of where the leak is i.e. there is a concrete block wall, insulation and red bricks between that crack and the leak.

No. If you look at the third photo you can just about see that the last run of tiles on the right, which is the edge of the roof, has 'ridge' type tiles stuck on the normal tiles to give it double height right on the edge if the roof so little if no water can run off to the side onto the lower roof. There is no logic in this as far as I can see.

[quote user="Quillan"]

[quote user="Théière"]Ok Q, so from your front door picture 1, is the leak in line or near inline with the downpipe on the right hand side room? on the other side of the large beam that supports the roof?

[/quote]

Other side.

[/quote]

LH? or rear of the building?

[quote user="Théière"][quote user="Quillan"]

[quote user="Théière"]Ok Q, so from your front door picture 1, is the leak in line or near inline with the downpipe on the right hand side room? on the other side of the large beam that supports the roof?
[/quote]

Other side.

[/quote]

LH? or rear of the building?
[/quote]

The water appears about 1m in from the front door going rearwards from it. It's to the right slightly of the front door when looking at it by about 15cmfrom the outside it is in line with the corner of the wall to which the drain pipe goes down in photo 1.

Q, please forgive me if you have investigated already.  It's not a plumbing problem and nothing to do with the downpipe, is it?

Work methodically, using a process of elimination and see if you can find the source of the leak.

It's hard to guess as we don't know your house and it's not really possible to hazard a conclusion without being invited to spend several days with you and hoping it rains during the stay?[:D]