what do you call....

dave21478

For me any kind of round embellisher/cache misère  is une rosace

There may be a proper term for a chimney one but a description using the above should explain it.

I dont even know what to call the thing in English any more, finishing collar? Bezel?

This is the reason I dont own a gun.

If I did own a gun, you would be hearing about me on tonights news headlines, having shot the shit out of a DIY shop.

Yes, rosace is the correct term it would seem, so armed with my newfound knowledge I hit Bricodepot to buy two and a few other bits n bobs. I got the chimney pipe from them but never saw these things there previously....perhaps no stock? perhaps stocked elsewhere in the shop? anyway, at the chimney section there they were - I didnt even have to use my new word to ask where they were. Everything arranged by size..... I used 150mm tube for the installations so grabbed two 150mm rosaces. Simple? theoretically, yes - simple.

40 minutes drive home, then another 15 minutes drive to where I was working and I found the problem. The internal diamter of the hole in the rosace is 150mm - that makes sense. However the external diameter of the chimeny tubes is 153mm.

FUCKING USELESS BUNCH OF WANKERS - WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT OF SELLING THESE IF THEY DONT FIT THE FUCKING TUBES YOU SELL?

Brico-Depot again.

10 years I have been buying the blister packs of the red fibre plumbing washers, an assortment of all the sizes, I'm sure many of you have them yourselves.

10 years I, and no doubt countless others have been telling them that the largest size has completely the wrong dimensions and wont go Inside any of the female threaded fittings.

Still no change and like most stupid things in France I dont hold out much hope of seeing any within my lifetime.

[quote user="dave21478"]This is the reason I dont own a gun.

If I did own a gun, you would be hearing about me on tonights news headlines, having shot the shit out of a DIY shop.

Yes, rosace is the correct term it would seem, so armed with my newfound knowledge I hit Bricodepot to buy two and a few other bits n bobs. I got the chimney pipe from them but never saw these things there previously....perhaps no stock? perhaps stocked elsewhere in the shop? anyway, at the chimney section there they were - I didnt even have to use my new word to ask where they were. Everything arranged by size..... I used 150mm tube for the installations so grabbed two 150mm rosaces. Simple? theoretically, yes - simple.

40 minutes drive home, then another 15 minutes drive to where I was working and I found the problem. The internal diamter of the hole in the rosace is 150mm - that makes sense. However the external diameter of the chimeny tubes is 153mm.

FUCKING USELESS BUNCH OF WANKERS - WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT OF SELLING THESE IF THEY DONT FIT THE FUCKING TUBES YOU SELL?

[/quote]

Welcome to my world Dave. I more than regularly ended up getting whatever we needed from the brico shops. How many times I have come back home and a similar thing to that, ie the fitting ............NOT FITTING....... has happened. And frankly I have been blamed for getting the wrong thing. So back I have trailed and been told, that that is the 'right' one and ofcourse, I've ended up having to get my money back, and husband has sometimes made the fitting himself.

And you know those *****'s on your post, well when I pressed quote, all the 'real' language is clear as a bell on my screen[:-))]........Dave........  obvious you were not a happy chap with all this typical mess up!!!!