emulsion

mint

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a LOT of painting a few years back and we had a French painter use the professional line of Recca which was ok but it did take a few coats.

We later had a large and tall stairwell plastered and needed painting as well as another large room and an English painter did this using Renaulac which was mixed to a chosen colour of a light cream.. He said it was the best paint he had ever used including the paint in the UK. He added lots of water and it was very dense. It went a long way.

Since the I have always used Renaulac such as the wood paint for shutters etc... But as I said I have not bought it since the repackaging so have no idea if the quality has changed.

Perhaps Woolybanana your experience is more recent and perhaps it has gone down hill which is sad if that is the case because I have recommended it numerous times.

OK, just for an update for those interested, this Onip paint that I have talked about and which I picked up yesterday, the colour does not seem to me true to their colour swatch.

I thought I'd chosen pale grey but the stuff looks sort of pale lavender.  The painter offered to stop painting and start again if I didn't like it.  I looked and thought, no, it's crazy to waste a whole tin of 4 litres at over 100 euros just because the colour wasn't as I'd imagined.

So, I told OH it was very "South of France" and would look very fresh and unusual for a house owned by Brits.

Who cares?  Just soooooo lucky to have the beautiful German kitchen and I am itching to try the new oven.  Id, take note![:D]

PS  the painter said the paint was just like Farrow n Ball to use and, whilst definitely patchy when damp has now dried to a very dense and even finish.  I have the "velour" finish which I guess must be something like eggshell and can be washed (note: not acrylic and not shiny).

GG, how lovely to have a bit of moral support![:D]

OH is driving me mad with fussing about the mess that the poseurs are leaving though they have already said that they would make one trip to the déchetterie at the end of the job and dispose of everything.  He is patiently "tidying up", putting old units in a nice, neat pile, etc.  gggrrrh and extra gggrrrh...........

The old oven is going to a French friend for her cuisine été and I am just so glad as it's so heavy that I wouldn't like "my" artisans to have to wrestle it into their van.

Things are progressing apace and I guess the colour of the emulsion will be just fine.

Some neighbours have just called to ask whether we would like to eat with them or to use their kitchen!  They are just so sweet but I think it's no big deal not to have a kitchen for 10 days or so.  I am running up and down a bit to the sous sol, trying to find eating irons and crockery and glasses in order to give the men a glass of cold beer at the end of their day, etc.  But, the dog thinks it is all great fun, picnicking in our own garden[:D]