Heated towel rail - which circuit?

Mad dog

Hi, until I get my sparky here again, I'm running some wires ready for him.

With heated ladder type towel rails, I have 2 or 3 that will be installed in various bathrooms. I can't find the regs concerning these in L'installation électrique. Can you run them as part of a mains circuit or should they have their own circuit breaker?

Do they tend to spur the wiring like sockets or run a supply to a junction box & then spur from there to each rail?

Cheers

Thanks, thought as much. I think I'll just loop them like sockets and put them all through a time switch next to the board.

I'd like to switch them individually as well, do they have switched outlets here that I can mount below & to the side of each towel rail? Or should they be switched outside of the bathroom?

[quote user="Théière"]Mad dog All heaters, wall radiators towel radiators etc have their own circuit from the fuse board

[/quote]

Not seen any switched sockets, that's a British idea but the have flex outlet "boite's" Heaters are usually hard wired not on a socket for the dedicated fuse/breaker.

The heaters usually have their own switch or these days a fil pilot (additional cable so you can control them individually)

Others may be more help on that as I haven't got any of those, heaters too ancient round mine.