New driveway access

Angie

I'm sorry but I can't help with your contractor, but a tip for you as far as the gravel is concerned. Don't get the very small gravel. We have it. It was the surface when we moved in years back.

It sticks in your shoes, treads into the house and is a real pain. It also gets washed down the slight slope of our drive and interferes with the gate opening. If it were feasible to change it to larger stuff we would do it tomorrow!

As far as a contractor is concerned it may well be worth a visit to Limoux, to Point P and ask them? A good friend of ours lives just north of there and rates them as quite helpful.

That's funny, JJ, cos I have gravel sloping gently down from house to road that I have always thought is too BIG!

You sort of feel you are wading through a snowdrift as you toil up to the front door. And it also gets carried down with the rain, and blocks the gate.

I have had to position "stepping stones" in it so that ladies in elegant shoes (not many of them round here!) will not have ruined their expensive footwear before pressing the bell.

I must admit, though, that it doesn't get trodden into the house, as you say your small stuff does.

I think it was laid on plastic, to discourage weeds, and I always wondered if that prevented the stuff from bedding down better.

Angela

PS. I have never actually driven over it, as the gravel is laid over the filter bed of my septic tank and I was fearful of damaging that, plus my driveway emerges on a dangerously blind corner; but I imagine that the weight of vehicles might have had the effect of bedding the gravel down.

It's been in situ for c 25 years.

[quote user="Angie"]Does anyone know of a landscaping/driveway enterprise locally to Quillan who could help us out? Hoping to have new gravel driveway but open to suggestions. Large size digger would be needed. Thank you[/quote]

You are outside his normal area but this man might be able to help you

[url]http://www.midibuilder.com/[/url]