Kitchen corner unit carousel broken

CeeJay

After a few years of good use I noticed that the bottom holding part which screws into the cupboard carcass base has come away from its fixing.

Problem is, of course, that it is impossible to take off the work top and remove the carousel vertically for repair.

Maybe someone has had the same problem and been able to repair without taking the top off, if so I would love to hear how it may be possible.

This YouTube video shows the installation of the system we have. If I needed to remove one of ours I would simply reverse the installation procedure

I don't know which system your unit manufacturer adopted but I suspect they are all pretty similar as they are usually installed after the worktop is fitted.

Hope it helps and good luck.

regards

cajal

There are many different types from simple rotary 180° and 270° pie chart types to magic corner sliding units, unless you specify or describe what type you have no-one can help you.

As has been said, none of them are installed before the worktop (to my knowledge) and all of them can be  installed and removed in situ and  all the fixings will be visible, probably inaccessible and hard to see but visible nonetheless unless Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder was the installer.

Thanks for the video cajal, similar system but ours is Ikea and the fittings look a bit different, and I might add a bit better!

Chancer, it is as above, an Ikea unit with 270 Degree shelves. I have managed to find the fitting instructions so will try to reverse the process.

Thanks for the replies.