Complete France Forum

Am I the only one who loves Ryanair ?

Reading around the French forums today…..it seems that Ryanair is getting it in the neck.

For what exactly?

For being a cheap efficient airline? 

Well…I’m coming out….I love ryanair.

I have flown with them for 20 years…..never had a problem.

Vivre..Ryanair.

And please don’t close the Tours route to London.😀

17 hours ago, anotherbanana said:

It seems that that they are going to cease flying from Bordeaux as well, money problems.

That'll be Bordeaux Airport that has the money problems - not Ryanair.

Ryanair forecast after-tax profit for the year to end March (2024) of between 1.85 billion and 2.05 billion euros, easily beating its previous record of 1.45 billion euros in 2018.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/ryanair-forecasts-record-annual-profit-promises-regular-dividend-fares-soar-2023-11-06/

Bordeaux hikes their charges - Ryanair closes the base and moves to another as yet unspecified.

https://aviationweek.com/air-transport/airports-networks/ryanair-blames-airport-charges-hike-bordeaux-base-closure

2 hours ago, Harnser said:

That'll be Bordeaux Airport that has the money problems - not Ryanair.

Wow, the article doesn't state exactly what the 'beef' was - Ryanair asking too much of BOD or BOD asking too much (€) from Ryanair.  Considering the Ryanair traffic out of BOD, it doesn't appear very smart to let them go.

42 minutes ago, Lori said:

Wow, the article doesn't state exactly what the 'beef' was - Ryanair asking too much of BOD or BOD asking too much (€) from Ryanair.  Considering the Ryanair traffic out of BOD, it doesn't appear very smart to let them go.

Well, you know Michael O'Leary - any hint of higher landing fees, handling fees or higher costs and he'll pack his bags and go somewhere else.

As you say, Bordeaux airport should have considered that some older cheaper fees from Ryanair would be better than no future fees at all.   

Bordeaux is a dump…who cares if Ryanair pulls out.

Every Tours - Stansted flight we have taken is packed out.

I flew with my son to Stansted a few weeks back…18 euros each way. Then the baggage and all that. So lets say…250 euros return for both of us.

Try doing Tours-Paris return on a tgv for the same price……good luck with that.