Complete France Forum

Poisson d'avril

Kitty

I did a great one today on my husband, who is the UK at the moment. I text him this morning to say that I had done an online Cunard competition and had won a cruise for 3 months around South America, leaving on 7th January.  I asked him if we could afford to take our four children with us, as they were not covered by the competion.

He replied back by text that timing was not good but that we could take two of the children, leaving two behind.

Fired up, I then sent a text a friend, telling her the same thing but asking if she would look after my 4 children whilst I went!  She replied that she was envious and of course she would.

April 1st is good fun.

Well I didn't catch you lot out with the alligators in the Mosel but I sent it out by email and got some 'Is it true?' replies.

Another good one here was that it announced that The Big Red Bridge (a MAJOR road bridge in the centre on Lux City) would be starting to charge 5 euros a day to cross it - nearly caused a riot with protestors gathering.

And lastly, one from Belgium when it got around that ALL glass bottles would attract a 'return' of a deposit.  Just leave them by your front gate and they'll be collected.  Apparently people were digging out bottles from years back from their caves etc - love it!

[quote user="Cathy"]

I did a great one today on my husband, who is the UK at the moment. I text him this morning to say that I had done an online Cunard competition and had won a cruise for 3 months around South America, leaving on 7th January.  I asked him if we could afford to take our four children with us, as they were not covered by the competion.

He replied back by text that timing was not good but that we could take two of the children, leaving two behind.

Fired up, I then sent a text a friend, telling her the same thing but asking if she would look after my 4 children whilst I went!  She replied that she was envious and of course she would.

April 1st is good fun.

[/quote]

Cathy, I suspect that you are attempting an April 1st on LF readers. No husband would advocate taking ANY children along in the circs you describe.

Nice try though

John

My family persuaded me not to perpetrate one on the lady opposite who is the Hyacinth Bucket of the area. I was going to write and tell her the residents association (non existent) wanted to dig the verge (where she keeps her third car) up for vegetables, due to the recession.....

Such spoil sports ![:)]