Complete France Forum

Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fine thank you Frenchie - I like the Macca choice, and Krusty, the Flying Lizards

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YXG83p2nkHw&feature=related

The junior member of the clan is a big beatles fan and this is one we have on our juke box here - an old Rowe Ami (looks like we'll have to sell it before we make the moves 'cos being so old, we don't think it will travel so well. All those 45's what'll I play them on?

Hi,

just a fleeting visit inbetween work - have top make a red-riding cloak for a friend (Book Day) by tomorrow. Frenchie - all the musics from the 60's was great, and the late 50's as well, even some of the early 70's. I got lost in the 80's but with sprog now into my music I'm listening to more modern stuff as well.

Catch you later perhaps, have a good day, weather here not too bad at present. Cat  Stevens - Morning has broken (Rick Wakeman playing piano).

No. Mme Poivre, no problems

Good eveing all, Red Riding Hood has her cloak for Book Day, OH home from Yorkshire (he's 50 next week!), sprog out at Sea Cadets Meeting,oh the joys of the peace of the household.

It was certainly a Hard Days' Night. Can anyone find the Peter Seller's version - as done in the style of Laurence Olivier, one of the best I feel!!!

[quote user="ErnieY"][quote user="Frenchie"]Still love this song by Britney Spears, though it s usually not my kind of music " Toxic" [/quote]I have it on good authority Frenchie that you've played this 3 times in as many weeks [;-)][/quote]

I admit it .. right Sir Ernie.. Just that I only discovered recently it was by her and I enjoy pla   ying it now I ve found it ( hey ho, I'm French !! [:D] )

How are yu?

Hello all,

just a fleeting visit, as I must get some sleep. We had a bad night last night and spending half of it at Worcester Hospital is not my idea of fun - we had a few problems with sprog last night but she is ok now. i thought my days of chatting to the police at 4 in the morning were long gone (they were not with us).

Just one from my past and for you Twinkle

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sADBdkcS7_w

• 2 weeks later...

Don't go yet Frenchie !  Have you had Daniel Lavoie yet (I'm not looking through all the pages to see!  [:D] ).  He was on the television late one night last week and he explained how he came to write this song "Ils s'aiment".  It was in 1983, he was at home songwriting and took a break for some lunch, turned on the news on the tele and saw pictures of Beirut and in all the ruins and horror a young couple were walking hand in hand, which inspired the song, une très belle chanson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwYblUiByLo

Archived