Complete France Forum

Hillary Clinton's speech

Clair

[quote user="Clair"]Indeed! [:D][:D]

What has he promised her, I wonder?

He cannot conceiveably have her as a running mate. He'd have to have eyes in his his back [:-))]
[/quote]

All mothers have eyes in the backs of their heads.  For years, my son really believed that...

I think Hillary C should be Vice Pres - she's fought a good campaign and with Obama and H C united together, the Repubs wouldn't stand a chance.

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]I enjoyed it. managing to stuff so much humble pie into your mouth without choking is no mean feat.[/quote]

Terrific![:D]

The first part of the speech sounded pretty much like her planned 'victory' speech.

She did then go on to repeat her endorsement of Obama several times, and she seemed quite certain about it, but the term 'suspend' (her campaign) was a little unsettling.

Probably just me being picky. On the whole it was a really good speech; well delivered, and I feel churlish nit-picking, but still...

I can't see her as VP though - not as candidate or in office - partly because of certain aspects of her conduct during this campaign, and partly because she is a power crazed loon. [:)]

"suspend" means she can still raise funds, to help her campaign repay her the money she lent herself... [blink]

"suspend" means she retains control and manipulates of her delegates until the convention.

"suspend" means she can start again should anything happen to Obama...

I see her as a woman who feels she's entitled.

I cannot see her as a V-P to Obama, as she'd undermine him rather than support him. It'd be like having a real president and a wannabe president.

And let's not forget about Bill whispering in her ear....

[quote user="JMB"]

I don’t know why she would want to play second fiddle to a no hoper like Barack Hussein Obama.

[/quote]

Do you think that U.S.A. would vote a woman or a none white in as president.

i think not.

Some sanity at last.

The chance of the US elector swinging to Obama is incredibly slender.

As happened in 1984(?) when the Dems put up Fritz Mondial as a sacrificial lamb against Reagan, long time Dems were voting for the GOP as the only logical thing to do.

Indeed, being in Silicon Valley I watched Mondial and Reagan live head-to-to-head in our local bar: the lights were dimmed, a big TV swung out on a LazyZ and everyone was silent and glued to the TV for an hour: just the gemtle clunk of money being taken for more drinks!

It will be McCain.

Unfortunately.

I think there are far too many Democrats who would rather vote for McCain than Obama, for Obama to ignore her.

As a 'joint' ticket I suspect they have a much greater chance of winning.

Is experience such a bad thing ? Or keep your friends close and your enemies closer.[;-)]

There would seem to be only 3 reasons to want to be VP

1. the Pres will die in office and you will automatically be promoted

2. the Pres will be a success and some of that will rub off on you - so you get the job in 8 years time (memories of GB)

3 (and most important by far) plenty of time to improve your golf whilst making your friends and self rich without working

John

Overheard in the Clinton household recently after some botched DIY by Bill.

"Why Bill," Hillary shouts, "Did you not use our neighbour's brother to do the work like we have before?"

Bill whines in reply, "But you know I promised not to use that womens relations."

Hillary pats Bill on the head, hands him a cold drink and with the light from the open door of the fridge flooding the kitchen says,

"Now now Bill, think how much progress we've already made. When we were first married, people everywhere asked the same questions, could that women really serve as commander in chief? Well, I think we answered that one didn't we. As we both gather here today in the kitchen of this magnificent building we call the marital home, the 50th woman to leave this Earth is orbiting overhead. If we can blast 50 women into space, we will someday launch a woman into the White House. Although we weren't able to shatter that highest, hardest ceiling this time, thanks to you Bill it's got about 18 million cracks in it... and the light is shining through like never before, filling us both with the hope and the sure knowledge that the path will be a little easier next time you try some DIY."

Hillary hands Bill a still smoking cigar from the ash tray on the kitchen table.

"And what have I told you about what you can do with these things?"

[quote user="Iceni"]

There would seem to be only 3 reasons to want to be VP

1. the Pres will die in office and you will automatically be promoted

2. the Pres will be a success and some of that will rub off on you - so you get the job in 8 years time (memories of GB)

3 (and most important by far) plenty of time to improve your golf whilst making your friends and self rich without working

John

[/quote]

All the above is very true,

But there is one flaw in it,

You have to pick a running mate that can win.

[quote user="Russethouse"]

I think there are far too many Democrats who would rather vote for McCain than Obama, for Obama to ignore her.

[/quote]

My theory being that

40% will always support the elephant

40% will always support the donkey

20% will vote against the pensioner or the Kenyan/Hawaiian

Luckily my tv has an off switch.

John

Archived