Complete France Forum

Just a smile

Frenchie

I felt pretty low this morning, back to school, nasty weather, on my own.. etc , ok, normal..

Then, I went shopping, and in the supermarket, a man's trolley hit mine and he made a very large and friendly smile to me, I felt .. better.. ( How stupid does that sound?? )

Just to remind us all that a simple smile can make a difference, change a day.

It's always been my ambition to get every checkout person in a supermarket to smile.  Normally by the time I leave a shop I know their name & at least where they are going on holiday that year - only failed once, in a Tesco store in Belfast - she was having a really bad day!!

[quote user="Frenchie"]

I felt pretty low this morning, back to school, nasty weather, on my own.. etc , ok, normal..

Then, I went shopping, and in the supermarket, a man's trolley hit mine and he made a very large and friendly smile to me, I felt .. better.. ( How stupid does that sound?? )

Just to remind us all that a simple smile can make a difference, change a day.

[/quote]

How lovely is that[:)]

If only people were more like pugs, it would be such a wonderful world. Me own pug is quite ill at the moment and may have to have part of his penis amputated, but through all this he still has that beautiful puggish grin on his gorgeous little face everytime I look at him. Would it be alright if I asked if anyone on here knows where I can get one of them ceramic butter dishes in the shape of a cabbage with a jersey cow siting on the lid? I have looked everywhere in Kerry and Normandie, but I just can't find one. Mrs O'Sullivan from ballyferriter has one, but she uses it to keep her false teeth in at night, so I don't fancy that one. apart from that she is a lovely woman and would give you her last bit of cheese if you wanted it.

[quote user="Christine Animal"][quote user="Cathy"]

It doesn't always work in France though.

[/quote]

That made me smile.   [:)]

FK where have you been?  I was tintilating with the idea of sending a posse out to find you.  I was even going to start a thread "Where is FK?", silly owl idget.

You know you always make me smile.   [:)]

[/quote]

Dearest Mrs Animal, I was very delighted to read about your tintilating last night, I would love to see you doing that (have you any pictures?) I have to tell you that you are not a silly owl idget, but you are a lovely owl idget[:)] And that Twinkle, is she still gorgeous? I have been so busy this summer with me new job as the curator at the breeze block museum in Dingle, and finishing off me autobiography which is based on me own true life and is 100% fact and 50% fiction. I also had to write a musical for the Dingle yoot theatre group which is based on the inventor of the settee (Jasper O'Conran) and entitled 'She Won't Be Sitting On Me Knee Again' It took me nearly 3 days to complete and left me totaly mentally exhausted. I don't know if you had all the rain like us in Kerry during the summer, but it gave me a agreat idea after seeing all the poor little dogs roaming the Dingle streets soaked to their little skins.  I have invented a waterproofing jelly for dogs that is merely spread all over the dogs coat and then he can be released into the rain without the need for any other garmets to protect him from the elements of nature. I have named it 'O'Tooles Wonderful Waterproofing For Dogs' I tried on a cat, but it seems to not bond to a cats fur, so I shall continue to perfect that and hope to bring out a version for Gerbils and Hamsters. Did you see me on the telly last week? when they filmed the tour of Ireland going through Killarney? I looked really fabulous considering I'm nearly 30. [kiss]

[/quote]

FK where have you been?  I was tintilating with the idea of sending a posse out to find you.  I was even going to start a thread "Where is FK?", silly owl idget.

[/quote]

I'm a member of the FK Fan Club, who always makes me smile too.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm a member of the FK Fan Club, who always makes me smile too.

Archived