Complete France Forum

Dali movie

TWINKLE

Evening Twinkle

I have to say that me favourite artist is James Roybal. I have several of his works hanging in me various estates (got a good few in the Volvo) I love the one of the nude woman on the beach with a large blue fish under her arm. Me favourite actor is the late palamino horse that acted as Champion (the wonder horse) He will be sadly missed by all of us in Ireland.

Thanks Krusty[:)]Was that picture from a film or what? They say Yul wore pyjamas round the house and even when he went to the shops. Did any of you ever see Lust For Life with Kirk Douglas playing Vincent Van Gogh? It was really stunning. And Moulin Rouge about Tolouse Letrec, they were movies and they were real stars indeed. The films today are all  reliant on CGi effects and martians. I wonder if they will ever make a film about Roybal? It was terrible how Van Gogh suffered in the days he was alive and you look at what his paintings sell for today. Did you know he cut off his own ear? I suppose if that happens today, they can just sew it back on. I wonder if you can still hear after losing your ears? Why do we need that large flappy bit of the ear anyway? I don't think it does anything.

I like Cezanne

[IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/regine79/b491.jpg[/IMG]

favourite actor  hmmmm difficult   Jack Nicholson is oen of my favourite actors

[IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/regine79/Jack-Nicholson---The-Shining-Photog.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks for that Twinkle[:)] It is lovely to see him again when he was at his best knocking them dead with his amazing acting and he did all his own stunts. He was a heavy drinker though and that was his achillies tendon. Will we ever see the likes of him again? I don't think so. Have you not seen Roybal's puffy people paintings? His paintings are influenced by Boulanger and are mainly of fat people playing musical instruments and dancing or riding bikes or elephants and are a bit surreal and very vibrant and colourful.  I just love them. [kiss]

Archived