Complete France Forum

Worst way to travel?

just john

I was surprised at that too, JR, when we used to have mixed public practice sessions at Brands: bikes and cars together.

Them was the days!

Even 500s couldn't catch my Midget: (In the FII, I could lap 'em! [6]).

That said, with the current "Wrap-Around" tread bikes are using, they are now pretty quick through the wiggly bits too.

Endless hours of non-stop vommiting - watching other people puking, puke slopping back and forth across the floors, laughing despairingly at the woman who was rushing to carry her son to a toilet, who puked midway across the focsle deck, she slipped in it and they both went down into the puddle, whereupon she puked all over herself and her son, who puked some more. The toilets looked like an explosion in an omlette factory. I couldnt stand the smell so spent my time leaning over the deck railing puking over the side, soaked to the skin by the storm. We got into Castlebay as the storm began to clear....Standing wobbly-legged on the deck, my stomach was beginning to settle when a seagul landed on the deck and started gobbling up someones cold pavement-pizza, the sight of which started me off again!

I havent had the giggles like that in a while reading your experiences.  Obvioulsy you experienced it, but as a really terrible sufferer of 'Travel Sickness', I can relate to it.  It's the seagul bit, that got me......Greedy thing  Yuk!!

[quote user="just john "] Thruxton [/quote]

I landed in Thruxton on a number of occasions - on my feet - initially from 2,500 ft above the place.

P.S. I was wearing a parachute.

Worst journey

The Magic Bus from London to Athens - and back.

From memory, £25 return.  Drove day and night with only 10-minute pit stops to wee on the side of every customs office in Austria, Germany and Yugoslavia (no time to queue for the loo and anyway, didn't have the local dimes to get past the concierges).  We crashed near Zagreb and everyone had to have their eyes tested for shards of glass.  Two (Greek) drivers but the spare had to camp in the aisle so can't have had much sleep. 

Most people's legs swelled up from their tight jeans.  Mine didn't as I was wearing a maxi dress...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5pkkAhETYg

[quote user="DerekJ"][quote user="just john "]I  remember a similar trip bit shorter than yours in the back of a mini van (Austin 7 countryman acually) with one leg alternately braced against the opposite wheel arch![8-|][/quote]
My trip was back around 1964... no autoroutes then as I remember, just N roads. Not that I could see much.... just peering through the windscreen from the back.
[/quote]

Hi Derek I hope you are good at spelling!

[quote user="LEO"]

[quote user="DerekJ"][quote user="just john "]I  remember a similar trip bit shorter than yours in the back of a mini van (Austin 7 countryman acually) with one leg alternately braced against the opposite wheel arch![8-|][/quote]

My trip was back around 1964... no autoroutes then as I remember, just N roads. Not that I could see much.... just peering through the windscreen from the back.

[/quote]

Hi Derek I hope you are good at spelling!

[/quote]

LEO.  You've lost me.

[quote user="Cathy"]

I landed in Thruxton on a number of occasions - on my feet - initially from 2,500 ft above the place.

P.S. I was wearing a parachute.

Worst journey

Austria, Germany and Yugoslavia  Zagreb 

I was wearing a maxi dress...

[/quote]

Are you Bond girl? [;-)]

Archived