Complete France Forum

Easter Bunnies

Furry Knickers

I was only having you all on, the Pope is not getting married! It was just a april fools joke I done to you all, you big flaming eejits[:)] Mrs Animal and John Ross and Dog really fell for it. I even lied about the deer knickers with the horns still in them! The horns were removed prior to me collecting them from Connemara. You can have them with horns or indeed, without the horns. The choice is yours.

Nothing to do with the Pope.I have just returned from a week in my Mobile Home near Pont Aven.Whilst my wife and I were there,we noticed how much prices had increased on many items since we were last down in November.

[quote user="Gorgeous Joe"]Nothing to do with the Pope.I have just returned from a week in my Mobile Home near Pont Aven.Whilst my wife and I were there,we noticed how much prices had increased on many items since we were last down in November.[/quote]

It's the same in Normandie. We were completely shocked at the price of snake bread in our local Champion. What's the point in having a mobile home and leaving it in the same place? I have a dog now anyway, and surely that is more important than anything else in the whole wild world[kiss]

[quote user="Joe"]Nothing to do with the Pope.I have just returned from a week in my Mobile Home near Pont Aven.Whilst my wife and I were there,we noticed how much prices had increased on many items since we were last down in November.[/quote]

But didn't you notice how everything seemed cheaper when you were visiting your mobile home with your mistress in September?

[quote user="Animal Girl"]

Is it a Pug, the new one?

Has anyone seen Les Galettes de Pont Aven?  It was a very funny film.

[/quote]

Mrs Animal, I got a minature sausage dog. He is black with a lovely tan belly and tan feet and little tan eye patches, he is really gorgeous. I decided to call him Steve after the bionic man because he reminds me of him in so many ways. I have not seen Les Galettes de Pont Aven, but I have seen The Umbrellas Of Cherbourg. [kiss]

A UK question:

In which year was a pint of Whitbread Tankard 23p and a pint of Trophy 19p?

It's the same era when ladies only would drink lager out of a stemmed glass, usually with a shot of black or lime in it.

Answer sometime tomorrow...

[quote user="Cathy"]

A UK question:

In which year was a pint of Whitbread Tankard 23p and a pint of Trophy 19p?

It's the same era when ladies only would drink lager out of a stemmed glass, usually with a shot of black or lime in it.

Answer sometime tomorrow...

[/quote]

I was having a jar or three with the Pope tonight and I raised this question - we reckon it's 1972 and having suffered from severe spoonerism since birth the Pope does not want to hear of Whitbread Tankard again.

Yes indeed sausage dogs were very cheap in them days, you could pick one up for 30 bob and some of the ugly ones could be had for 27/6. You never drank larger and lime! I thought you were too sophisticated for larger. I think Catherine Deneuve was so beautiful in that film (and she still is) Did you hear about the lad that went into a pub and asked for a pint of bitter and the barmaid said "whitbread" and the lad said "no, just on it's own" Sausage dogs are longer and skinnier than pugs, but still lovely all the same. Cathy, is it 1967? Don't you just love how Catherine talks? And that Isabella Rosselini talks so gorgeously. Do you know what I was wondering there last tuesday? I was wondering what pet would a dog have?

[quote user="Will"]

Furry, you might enjoy this. It's a rather sad little song, all about sausage dogs.

[/quote]

That was a very sad song, and I'm wiping tears from me eyes as I type this[:(] I have written nearly 3 songs about sausage dogs, but they were all about being in love and not a bit sad. Here is the chorus of the first one I ever wrote.

You're so long, so long and extremely narrow

But I love you regardless of your length and your ears don't matter at all

Everytime I see you, you make the catterpillars in me turn into butterflies

When I kiss your lips my butterflies enter you for no reason at all

When you're gone you're gone so long, so long and extremely narrow

When you're back I feel so long, so long and extremely narrow.

I always think of the Larry the Lamb series on the steam radio in the late 40s and early 50s and Dennis the Dachshund, a German sausage dog. He even spoke with a German accent but then it was just after the war which we don't mention! He never did get on with Mr Growser ...............................................................................JR

Archived