Complete France Forum

Cameron could be our De Gaulle

just john

My instincts are not with Cameron or the Tories but I will say one thing for the man:  he is determined and he is prepared to do whatever it takes to be successful.

This coming 24 hour marathon of campaigning is exactly what I expect a would-be leader to undertake.  If you want to win, then you need to both believe that you can and that success is going to be down to you. 

I just hope that whoever gets in has what it takes; there's such a tough time ahead. Some say let the current lot stay in; they got us into much of the mess, let them get us out. I don't think that's remotely possible. They don't have those conjones or whatever.

Our votes arrived from UK today. We arrive in UK Thursday, so we're taking them to place in a box in our constituency personally in case they don't arrive in time via the post. I didn't know you could do that until I read the instructions carefully. Just hope we arrive before 10pm!

They didn't add Mervyn King's next sentence which was about who ever won "not being in office for at least a generation". I've said many times before for the last and definitely for this election its not the one to win, King must have been eavesdropping. (I can't find a smiley for blowing your own trumpet [;-)] ). All I am interested in is my 'pension pot' being protected and I don't think it will be under Labour.

[quote user="Cathy"]David Cameron likened to De Gaulle?  Frustratingly, the Indie doesn't explain why. [/quote]

De Gaulle said that throughout his life, he always had a certain idea of France, in that in France, the grandiloquence is the product of embattlement, invasion and the consequent soul-searching, which we complacent Brits have been lucky enough to avoid. But in a reticent English way, Mr Cameron could echo de Gaulle; Cameron is rooted in Britain. - Inde

Archived