Complete France Forum

Everything is Automatic !

Frederick

Today in a building I was in doors opened on approach ..On entering the toilet a paper towel dispenser detected I was there and spat out about 2 foot of paper for me and the wash basin taps started flowing when I moved in front of them ...I was afraid to sit on the loo in case there was some gadget down there ! .. Heaven help us if there is a power cut ...Have you come accross any more automatic stuff that people think we cant do without these days ?

Well, as for the automatic doors...  Have you tried opening hefty entrance doors from a wheelchair?  More, more, I say![:D]

The taps and towels are for economy, I guess, but it would be interesting to know how much power they use vs what the savings are (quite good  for the water, I'd imagine.)  There is a very old joke about an automatic machine in a loo (an ATR, from memory) - a bit risque to relate here!

I have come across an automatic loo flush at an airport , the sensor was on the wall behind you so when you stand up , it flushes.

Problem was I just went in to put my flight socks on so each time I leaned forward to take a shoe off etc , it operated.

Talk about soggy bottom. [:-))]

We get a lot of visitors to our little town, especially in summer, and there's a shortage of public WCs. Recently an automatic one was put in one of the car parks. It's a great asset to the town, and is kept immaculately clean by the town cleaner. What I'd love now is one of those automatic dog mess cleaner-uppers like they have in Nimes. A chap rides round on a little motorbike, sucking all dog mess up into a hoover on his back - marvellous idea! Dog mess is cleared in our old town around Easter every year, ready for the influx of tourists. The streets look lovely, and the dogs then come along to celebrate! [:(]

Many years ago I worked for a spell for Ford Europe, at their state of the art British HQ.

The drinks vending machines were fantastic, for their time: fresh brewed tea and coffee from ground: hot choccie with a whisk: and best of all, real fresh refrigerated milk.

Trouble was often they went into Full Automatic mode: failed to drop a cup and drank your beverage too!

Great for productivity I suppose: but not very good for your thirst!

Archived