Complete France Forum

Autobiography

woolybanana

Norman, attention, reply needed to start the balls rolling!

Would you write your autobiography? What would you include and leave out, bearing in mind that some of the people concerned might still be alive and might take umbrage at your version of events?

Or would you call it fiction and let rip with the whole unvarnished, naked, smelly, obnoxious story?[6]

[quote user="Cathy"]OK so no autobiography.  What about a book on your thoughts and comments?  Provisional title: 'The opinions of Norman the Conqueror'?

[/quote]

Or...."Norman is an island"?  Sorry, bad joke, couldn't resist as it's Saturday and I thought it was Friday so I have lost a whole day!!![:(]

[quote user="sweet 17"]"Norman is an island"?[/quote]

I could see that one perched on the horizon, just deciding whether it would come our way or not ... I was hoping we might just be saved but then YOU had to invite it in, didn't you, Sweets?

[quote user="sweet 17"]Sorry, bad joke, couldn't resist as it's Saturday and I thought it was Friday so I have lost a whole day!!![:(][/quote]

That is not a good enough excuse. Now go away and wash your keyboard with carbolic soap.

Regards

Pickles

Look, Pickles, if you're going to be so harsh with me, next time I answer your posts, I shall just let a finger slip on the keys and call you Pickled instead of Pickles.

Anyway, for what it's worth, I was going to suggest "Not a barrel of laughs" but I didn't want to make an in-house joke in case people who don't get it feel left out.

After all, we only have Wooly's word for it that Norman lives in a barrel and anyway I don't think Norman has what you might call a highly developed sense of humour.

Now I'd better duck before Norman comes after me.........[:P]

[quote user="sweet 17"]Anyway, for what it's worth, I was going to suggest "Not a barrel of laughs" but I didn't want to make an in-house joke in case people who don't get it feel left out.[/quote]

I suppose I should be glad that no-one's suggested "Norman Wisdom" ... errr ... ooops, sorry

Regards

Pickled

[quote user="Pickles"]

I suppose I should be glad that no-one's suggested "Norman Wisdom" ... errr ... ooops, sorry

Regards
Pickled
[/quote]

Actually, that's not bad, Pickles!

I know, why don't we help Norman to write his story?  As Wooly says, he should embellish his history and Norman himself has owned up to being a barrel of laughs.

Perhaps the title could be "Norman Wisdom:  life and times of a barrel-dweller".  And before any so- called expert come here to point out that Norman's last name isn't Wisdom, I'll just remind everyone that Norman here is used as an adjective.  No, not as a possesive pronoun, so no apostrophe please!

Perhaps someone will write a foreword and Norman himself can supply us with detailed insights.

Oh, come on............so many on here are complaining about the football; this is football antidote, OK?

Here goes:

Life, for me, hasn't always been lived in a barrel.  In fact, I remember.........

(This brings back memories as we knew how to play and joke as well as how to scrap in those days)

Archived