Complete France Forum

IT'S OVER, (at last)

Théière

[quote user="Simon-come-lately"]LOL - No cooperlola - I do kind of like it though and..... if the cap fits .....! Have a great day Simon[/quote]

I changed my username under the same circumstances, you should take it as a real compliment Cooperlola. 

Sadly the person that coined my username has "decided to leave the forum of his own volition" but the cap still fits!

It's not my cup of tea, but I don't see any reason to be so condescending about it. There is a plus that hasn't been mentioned. In lots of homes and workplaces up and down the country people will have been discussing this. In my opinion anything that gives people a conversation starter is a good thing. Who knows ? They may even go on to discuss some of Gluey's "good' music and books.

Hoddy

[quote user="Chancer"]

[quote user="Simon-come-lately"]LOL - No cooperlola - I do kind of like it though and..... if the cap fits .....! Have a great day Simon[/quote]

I changed my username under the same circumstances, you should take it as a real compliment Cooperlola. 

Sadly the person that coined my username has "decided to leave the forum of his own volition" but the cap still fits!

[/quote]When I saw what Simon had done I had a good old giggle to myself.  Nice to see you chaps can take a joke.[:)]

[quote user="Hoddy"]It's not my cup of tea, but I don't see any reason to be so condescending about it. There is a plus that hasn't been mentioned. In lots of homes and workplaces up and down the country people will have been discussing this. In my opinion anything that gives people a conversation starter is a good thing. Who knows ? They may even go on to discuss some of Gluey's "good' music and books.

Hoddy[/quote]

What? With more intellectually scintillating topics such as football, Coronation Street, East Enders, Emmerdale on offer?

I'd like to believe that a post-event effect might be the breaking out of a discussion on the relative merits of, say Marcel Proust and Emil Zola's novels and their value as social commentary: however, sadly, I nurse my doubts.

Ooops, have I started an argument?  lol[:D]

I don't mean it to sound condescending I just think it's chewing gum for the eyes (never gets swallowed).  I am not into high brow stuff either, somewhere in the middle fits me nicely, not high brow or low brow.

Just don't start me on Come dancing with it's pantomime points awarding, oh and dancing (pointless waste of energy lol).[;-)]

[quote user="woolybanana"]Is this the programme that has caused controversy because the ladies were doing naughty dancing before the witching the hour of 2100hrs?[/quote]

Ahh yes, however no one complained about almost the same level of undress on strictly come dancing and more simulated moves with the tango. Is that because it's high brow compared to Xfactor?

Archived