Complete France Forum

Why skirts are a no-no in the UK

mint

[quote user="cooperlola"]Why would being fat prevent you from wearing a skirt?[/quote]

Can't speak for everybody, Coops.  I just couldn't do up any of the (few) skirts I'd brought from the UK.

Anyway, as I said, just a bit of larking about and to pick up on the theme of wearing a skirt today.....

Freezing fog all day today and I wonder whether thick tights and a skirt and knee high boots wouldn't be warmer than trousers and shoes?

"Why would being fat prevent you from wearing a skirt?" - I asked the same question a couple of years ago and a rather, er, plump friend explained that if you have fat thighs, they rub together under a skirt and get chafed, whereas trousers protect the legs from that.  Nothing to do with image at all!

Chrissie (81)

[quote user="Chrissie"]

"Why would being fat prevent you from wearing a skirt?" - I asked the same question a couple of years ago and a rather, er, plump friend explained that if you have fat thighs, they rub together under a skirt and get chafed, whereas trousers protect the legs from that.  Nothing to do with image at all!

Chrissie (81)

[/quote]

Ah, how one learns all sorts of snippets of information on the Forum!

Thighs that get chafed?  Hmmm...can see why skirts are a no-no.

Anyway, to even things up and to be fair to all sexes and genders (however many there are!), here is another story about chafing bits and pieces and I don't just mean thigh!

Warning:  DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK BEFORE LUNCH OR INDEED ANY OTHER MEALS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2066094/Former-worlds-fattest-man-begs-NHS-operation-remove-folds-skin-losing-40-STONE.html

No that is wrong, tights and boots and a skirt are lovely and warm in winter, especially if the skirt is longish or long. Now chaffing, maybe that would happen with stockings, but in mid winter having a cold breeze on the upper thighs doesn't sound like a good idea.

Jeans are very cold in winter and most trousers are too unless silk thermals are worn underneath.

I love skirts and dresses and I rarely wear trousers.

There are skirts and skirts though. The girlies we saw last night as we drove home were all slender, with skirts that hardly covered their bottoms, skimpy tops and were wobbling along on their very high heeled platform shoes. It could have been colder but it was cold and off their trotted for a night out......... and so it is in the NE of England.

No, Idun, trousers are definitely not cold - you must have tried the wrong ones! I have lots of very toasty smart  pairs of trousers, worn with socks and short boots or winter flipflops. Just right for winter walks in the countryside too. I really don't like tights!

And young people always have worn very little on a night out in NE England; coats etc were never worn that I can remember!

[quote user="Chiefluwie"][quote user="idun"]

I love skirts and dresses and I rarely wear trousers.

[/quote]

That's not you on the back of that motorbike by any chance?
[/quote]

If that's idun riding pillion, I want to know who the bloke is in the front?

Archived