Complete France Forum

Cooee!

YCCMB

Two Months ago to this very day I went off to the Land The Internet Forgot.

Can anyone fill me in on what on earth has happened whilst I honed my face-to-face communication skills and my lying in the pool doing nothing technique?

Seems like someone got out a can of emulsion and a roller and gave the old place a relooking.

Fank ewe Mr Beenana.

Could you summarise the last 2months in a couple of sentences for me? I am having navigation problems. It used to be a case of "turn left at the third clump of lavender on the right hand border" but they've done some weeding.

I can think of a couple of parallels to illustrate what my natural delicacy does not allow me to spell it out for you, Betty.

When I am out walking with my randonneur friends and if I should get un petit caillou in my shoe and I have to stop and remove it, it seems to me that the whole group picks up speed and has disappeared from sight by the time I straighten up again.

Or I am the last in a queue for the loo before lunch and by the time I am done and come back out, everyone else has gone off for the apéritif and I am left wondering which direction the bar is.

I am daily waiting for when I go out for the day and return home to find the front door lock has been changed in my absence after OH decided that enough is enough, living with such a neurotic wife.

So, did you not get the feeling that, perhaps, there was a decision made to confound you and direct you elsewhere?[I]

PS I have missed you, truly![:)]

Oh dear, mint. Well, my very long loo break, or the time spent removing a boulder from my shoe, seems to have been a period of some change, that's for sure. Luckily, Mr Betty obviously didn't change the locks, in fact he flew out to accompany me home. Judging by the state of the kitchen, fridge and cupboards, he was not designed for self-catering.

[quote user="Patf"] Since the forum "update" I've made the page bigger using Ctrl and mouse wheel - getting used to it now.

[/quote]

Doing that does move the annoying adverts on the RHS out of immediate view, which is much more agreeable.

Welcome back Betty.

Sue

Taverymuch all. Even Norman. I have been off in profondest France where the neighbours greet one with blood on their glasses and a half-strangled chicken in hand (no, I'm not making this up) and where the spiders are the size of tarantulas.

Cendrillin, Mr Betty does his own ironing. He thinks he can do it better than me, and who am I to contradict him? ?

I like this new forum, but if anyone asks, I shall deny I said it.

Archived