Complete France Forum

Why do French men do it public?

I'm slightly off topic but I thought you might enjoy my little story.

The other evening, I was walking the dog and we passed a couple of little girls playing in their garden.  As you know, French children have this disconcerting habit of rushing up to you, sometimes holding up their little faces to be kissed and show scant fear of strange adults.

I say "disconcerting" because it does take some getting used to when you are normally eyed with suspicion by both children and their parents if you so much as offer them a sweet or stop to pat their heads.

The children were, at a guess, between 4 and 7 or 8 years old.  They rushed up to their gate, asking the dog's name and chatting away.  As they were in their night clothes and I have little small talk with small French children, I remarked that their pyjamas were very pretty.

I took great care to say "peezhama" so that they might understand what I was saying.  Do you think I put too much emphasis on the "pee" or what?  Because, the younger girl immediately said she was going to faire pee-pee before going to bed!

Such innocence and I had to do my best not to giggle.

My point is that everyone has to faire pee-pee, sometimes at inconvenient moments, and that even children think it completely natural.[:D][:P]

Ok men ( can't really say gentlemen ! ) Has degenerated now into typical male speak. Reason I suggest is there is really no defence or valid reason that can be given to the original question so this is where I bow out.

[quote user="EuroTrash"]So ok the bloke goes to the toilet to piss, then what? Leaving yellow piss in the toilet isn't nice for the next person, so pull the chain? What an waste of water. I think the fact that water is always metered here has a lot to do with why blokes don't use flushing toilets to piss. And all the more antisocial when we have a drought.[/quote]

Of course a pee in the great outdoors is a wonderful habit, no cleaning of sanitaires to do afterwards[;-)] and let's not ask about washing of hands and then returning to the meal and handling the food!![:'(]

For those of you who find the thought of urine repulsive (interesting user name Repulse) think just how many times over the millenia the water that you drink, be it from a well, tap, expensive bottle or river has passed through the bladders of man and beast.

If our ancestors had been as obsessed about hiding bodily functions as the modern modern day British we would not be here at all on this planet.

[quote user="Chancer"]

For those of you who find the thought of urine repulsive (interesting user name Repulse) think just how many times over the millenia the water that you drink, be it from a well, tap, expensive bottle or river has passed through the bladders of man and beast.

If our ancestors had been as obsessed about hiding bodily functions as the modern modern day British we would not be here at all on this planet.

[/quote]

I'll drink to that.

[quote user="Cendrillon"].... and let's not ask about washing of hands and then returning to the meal and handling the food!![:'(]
[/quote]When Winston Churchill was reprimnded by a colleague who said "At Eton we were taught to wash our hands afterwards", he replied "At Harrow we were taught not to p*** on our hands" [:D]

Archived