Complete France Forum

Dont go counting one's Poullet?

BIG MAC

If I have this correct...I think it says a) yes I have a claim....b) Hell will freeze over before I see any money...

Is my French Translation getting any better?

Conforment A l'article 73 du decret du 27 12 1985 J'ai L'Honneur de vous informer que la liste  des creances a ete deposee au greffe et de vous notifier que par decision du Juge-commissaire votre creance a ete admise pour...... le present avis d'admission ne constitue en aucun cas un avis de paiment de votre creance qui ne pourra etre reglee que suivantles disponibilities qui existeront a la fin de la procedure en cas de liquidation judiciare

Doh!

[quote user="BIG MAC"]

If I have this correct...I think it says a) yes I have a claim....b) Hell will freeze over before I see any money...

Is my French Translation getting any better?

Conforment A l'article 73 du decret du 27 12 1985 J'ai L'Honneur de vous informer que la liste  des creances a ete deposee au greffe et de vous notifier que par decision du Juge-commissaire votre creance a ete admise pour...... le present avis d'admission ne constitue en aucun cas un avis de paiment de votre creance qui ne pourra etre reglee que suivantles disponibilities qui existeront a la fin de la procedure en cas de liquidation judiciare

Doh!

[/quote]

a) You have a claim

b) Your translation is better than Google

[:D]

Thanks team!

On the plus side...I am beginning to figure out what French folks are on about!

On the not so plus side....Oucchhhh!!!

On the that will teach me side....I think someone here tried to warn me and I thought by going through the correct process I would be as safe as one can be in these transactions.......c'est la vie!

Absolutely, 100%, without question. Probably done about 700-800 insolvencies over the last 12 months, all over Europe. As a Creditor, the German and UK systems are easily the best.............however low you may regard them, at least you stand a chance of something, however tiny. Never got 1c from anywhere else!

The French system ONLY looks after the State, oh, and if you're a mate of the Juge . Italy, nuff said, speak to c. Nostra. Sweden, the home of the "pre-pack", you get a letter telling you in minute detail what's going happen, and a sentence at the end "and you get nothing". Spain........good luck. Netherlands, hundreds of letters and reports, til the money runs out, and then the insolvency practioner stops work. Etc, etc.

[quote user="velcorin"]

Absolutely, 100%, without question. Probably done about 700-800 insolvencies over the last 12 months, all over Europe. As a Creditor, the German and UK systems are easily the best.............however low you may regard them, at least you stand a chance of something, however tiny. Never got 1c from anywhere else!

The French system ONLY looks after the State, oh, and if you're a mate of the Juge . Italy, nuff said, speak to c. Nostra. Sweden, the home of the "pre-pack", you get a letter telling you in minute detail what's going happen, and a sentence at the end "and you get nothing". Spain........good luck. Netherlands, hundreds of letters and reports, til the money runs out, and then the insolvency practioner stops work. Etc, etc.

[/quote]

Absolute load of cods-wallop ( thats me being polite) You are coming at this as someone who earns a living from these problems, not as a person who is or has been owed money by a British company and tried to get it back, the "small man" is always at the bottom of the pile, Tax man first, everybody else get in line, small man last; especially after the accountants. [:P]

I really must be getting quite grown up while the desire to beat the guy to a pulp remains high not long after going pop  ........He fell off a roof and broke a leg working on the black no doubt.

There you have it, you check someone is registered, you check previous work, you check his premises, you visit his house, you get a devis, you pay the required 30% he immediately goes pop sending his workers down the road just like that. The painful thing is that I suspect he knew yet was full of the 'honest as the day is long' chat.

You are more grown up than me BigMac.

Must be 8 or 9 years ago now that I got tucked up big time, it resulted in me winding up my business 2 years later, it took me that long to get my head above water and be able to do the honorable thing and pay all my creditors before shutting up shop.

I could have carried on but my heart just wasnt in it after having worked all the hours for 2 years for nothing other than to have a clear conscience, which in fact is worth an inestimable amount to me; the guy that tucked me up was and still is living the high life.

6 years ago I made the decision to leave my home area because sooner or later our paths would have crossed and I would have beaten him to a pulp and ended up in prison or worse.

I can rationalise with the situation now but I still have a nagging feeling if I bumped into him instinct would take over.

I wish I could say I was a nice person or whatever ...I am not. I work with Buillding Contracts day in day out in the UK and must accept that the current situation is partly my own fault largely because in this case I have elected to do things by the book and in this particular book some of the pages are foreign to me.

The person concerned was English, registered as an artisan in the appropriate trades, employing French guys (Which is what we want) and seemingly treating them correctly.

I cannot tell how much was evil intent and how much was getting caught out by the sudden downturn in work either way circusmstances have conspired against us to the extent I was tempted to put the for sale sign up.

But here we are, we still have food in our bellies and one step ahead of the taxman.

If from time to time matey does a header off a roof it brightens my day a little, not that I would wish him deceased or anything.....I would far rather think of him in acute discomfort! This is of course neither big nor clever.....I am only human.

• 2 weeks later...

Random thought........If the guy was registered should we be chasing whoever he was registered with? ie. As we were acting in accordance with a Devis......should the trade association or whatever we approached to make good?

I seem to recall hearing that there was some kind of protection offered by the trade association where works prove defective however I am not sure how this stacks in terms of liquidation voluntary or otherwise.

Archived