Complete France Forum

Another vaccine in the making

Lori

Everything like that has become good news even if it is only "for the future".

Meanwhile, the Johnson & Johnson vaccine (Janssen in French!) should be approved by the EMA about mid March.  That is a single dose one and keeps at -5 in a fridge.  Should be more manageable even for the tardy French?[:P]

I agree, Mint, each and every piece of evidence of progress on all fronts is very welcome news.

Trials have begun in the UK on vaccinating children from 6 to 17, although the thought of those aged 6, the same as our younger granddaughter, being volunteered by their parents gives me some concerns.

On thinking about it more, presumably the younger children will most likely be from families where the parents are in medical professions or work in the field of vaccines themselves and know everything that can be known in advance, certain that all will be well.

Only just given ethical approval, also in the UK, healthy volunteers aged 18-30 will be infected with coronavirus to test vaccines and treatments in the world's first Covid-19 "human challenge" study.

They will have the virus squirted up their nose, then spend 14 days quarantining in hospital, while being closely monitored by a medical team and monitored/tested over the course of a year. They will be compensated.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56097088

I find such work very heartening - another little ray of light towards our futures.