Complete France Forum

What do I need to do to rent my French property?

Forgot about this thread.

Well, have rented my house to some close French friends, unfurnished.

They bought a couple of items of furniture off me and whatever bits I left (like my widescreen tv which is mounted on the wall), I just gave them. That way I don't have to replace it if it goes wrong in the future.

I'm happy, they're happy and I know they will look after the property too. There's been a couple of repairs already for me to do, in regards the plumbing, but I'd always had problems in that area of the house, and finally, now I don't live there, I think I have solved them.

Will never use a plumber again that's for sure!

So, so far, so good and it gives me the freedom to do what I want now.

I live in the gutter now ;)

No, I'm about half a km away living at a friend's house who has a lot of house and storage space for my stuff which is all going to be sold on ebay over the coming year.

This time next year, I will hopefully be moving to the USA with just one of my dogs and no other baggage. All must go.

Which reminds me, I can only take one of my dogs so I'll need to put an ad up on here sometime to try and rehome her :(

ARGHH - please please try and find a solution for your dog asap - it just breaks my heart to see post after post here with last minute emergencies. Sometimes I hesitate to long on here and discover another sorry tale (tail?). If you can re-home her well in time, you'd also go with the knowledge she's settled in well and is happy- much easier to let go this way.

Hope your move to New Joysey works well - my niece there is in the middle of a divorce and have wondered if it could be her? Silly I know- sadly she is not the only NJ girl in the middle of a divorce! Best of luck with everything. xx Swissie.

[quote user="Swissie"]Great news - glad things are turning out well. Where are you living now?
[/quote]

Well Richard there's always the option of moving in with Norman, he may be willing to take in lodgers? [:D] Maybe it's possible to build an extension on the side of the barrel that Woolly is convinced  Norman lives in.[Www]

[quote user="Swissie"]ARGHH - please please try and find a solution for your dog asap - it just breaks my heart to see post after post here with last minute emergencies. Sometimes I hesitate to long on here and discover another sorry tale (tail?). If you can re-home her well in time, you'd also go with the knowledge she's settled in well and is happy- much easier to let go this way.

Hope your move to New Joysey works well - my niece there is in the middle of a divorce and have wondered if it could be her? Silly I know- sadly she is not the only NJ girl in the middle of a divorce! Best of luck with everything. xx Swissie.

[/quote]

My aim when I get back in September is to re home her as soon as possible. I'll have just under a year to find someone for her, so will not be leaving it to the last minute. I'm away for a couple of months in 2 weeks time. This way it will give a year for her to be settled and if any problems arise, they can be sorted in plenty of time. It'll break my heart to let her go, but after a lot of thought and consideration, it is the best solution for her. She would not cope well in the States for a variety of reasons which I'll explain when I finally advertise her.

Ok, my girlfriend lives in south New Jersey near a town called Bridgeton. Is that your niece??? ;)