Complete France Forum

Refilling Printer Ink Cartridges

[quote user="NickP"]

Never has or will be  a problem for me dipstick my old mate. Funny, the old spelling 'aint improving is it? Bet your mum's upset that she wasted all that money on an expensive  education? [:P]

[/quote]

I'm sure it won't be NickPeabrain.

Perhaps therefore in the future, you might try and confine yourself to threads in which you actually possess some base level knowledge?

And might thereby add something useful to the discussion.

I won't hold my breath in anticipation, you understand..........

[quote user="Chancer"]

Some of my favorite customers were a couple of small businesses that had been around since the beginning of the last century and still occupied the same premises, one was an estate office and quarry, the other was a traditional blacksmith and woodwork shop.

I havn't seen them for a few years but before they were still using typewriters and carbon paper, they did have faxes and one had a photocopier but neither had computers, book-keeping was still done by double entry in ledgers.

Will companies like these be forced to do on line declarations? I suppose that their accountants culd do it forthem but it does seem unfair.

One day the nternet will go tits up for a week like airline travel and they will be begging us to do paper declarations again. 

[/quote]

The rules are inflexible, JRC: any company or business which turns over in excess of £100,000 p.a. is now compelled to file VAT returns online.

Corporation Tax Returns (Limited Liability Companies) are set to be online only: from March 2011.

Online filing of NIC Returns is not mandatory for all as yet: but it is fast getting to that position.

It is now simply not cost-effective for us to prepare and process complicated and detailed tax returns etc any other way than using dedicated software: and additionally, HMRC are rapidly closing public access offices for form filing and payments. Despite being the largest county town, we no longer have an HMRC payment office (Used to be called HM Collector of Taxes).

I'm sure it won't be NickPeabrain.

Perhaps therefore in the future, you might try and confine yourself to threads in which you actually possess some base level knowledge?

And might thereby add something useful to the discussion.

I won't hold my breath in anticipation, you understand..........

Fish don't hold their breath do they? Must go, before the  tackle shop runs out of bait. TTFN [:D]

• 6 months later...
A long while back there was a recommendation for ink.co.uk

Finally 10 days ago I put in an order to them,   and am having difficulty in getting them to fulfill the contract,  in spite of attempted phone calls (their number no longer works,   just a recorded message saying that it's not them any more, in spite of its still being listed on their websites and their confirmation emails) and emails (they guarantee a reply by the end of the working day if the email is sent before 10.30 am - they haven't replied to any of my messages.)

The goods are shown as despatched,   and the carrier reference number appears to show that the package is in the hands of the transporter,    but the latter do not discuss matters direct with the customer.   Delivery address I should add is in Britain.

The matter has now been referred to my credit card company and is a "disputed transaction" as far as they are concerned (thank goodness I ordered by CC,   this is the first time anything like this has happened to me).   

Just wondered if anyone else was having difficulties....?

Will report back if the matter is resolved.

Hi Martin,  I placed my last order with them 20 days ago (3rd Nov) , I received an email saying goods had been dispatched (4th Nov)and the couriers tracking code was attached.  The couriers email said the order was ready but I received nothing for around 12 days. Goods arrived safely (16th Nov) as they always have but as I said originally their service has always been slower than I would like.

Hope that gives you an idea of time scale, I have ordered from them 6+ times and the deliveries have always taken a similar length of time to arrive.

@ chancer - agreed,   but this is an intra-Britian transaction.

As an update,   the company have now sent me two emails,   although the second seems to think I had the delivery on 21st October when the order only went in on 15th November!

At least they are still trading apparently.

Affaire a suivre,   will update as we go as the last thing I want to do is cast even vague aspersions about companies who no doubt provide a useful - if tardy - service....

Hi Martin, talking to my Brother last night and he has given up with Ink.co.uk as he always leaves ordering his replacement cartridges to the last minute and then comes round and pinches mine whilst he waits for his, so he now uses another company which although are more expensive are far quicker  http://www.prink.co.uk/

Sounds like you should expect delivery of yours on Monday/Tuesday next week.

[quote user="Benjamin"]Similar experience recently but this time with compatible toothbrush heads.

Ordered online on 12 November and paid via Google Checkout, due to be dispatched via post today. What takes them so long to deal with such a low value order?

[/quote]

Obviously dispatching the high value orders to keep the big purchasers happy first [;-)]

[quote user="Théière"]

You really have too much time on your hands [:D]

I have completely stopped all that messing about and now order generic cartidges from www.ink.co.uk the catridges for my canon pixma are so cheap at £0.57 or £1.37 for one with a chip it isn't worth getting dirty.

I bought my chip zapper for about £7.00 but always keep a stock of new chipped ones as the chipps seem to fail after about 4-5 zapps.

[/quote]

How do you get ink.co.uk to send to you though, as they won't ship outside of the UK? I asked them once, and they said UK only. Although you can't reach them by phone, they do respond to emails.

I have some old Canon Pixma printers that fortunately do not require micro-chips. I know you can reset chips these days, but it's less hassle, and I noticed the latest printers have even smaller cartridges so not only are the cartridges more expensive, but you get less ink. I've kept my printers running for many years (and they get plenty of use) using cheap third party ink, and if they eventually appear to give out I simply replace the printhead if all other attempts at cleaning, purging and soaking fail. Occasionally it says the absorbent ink pads are full, but you can pull the printers apart (not that easy unless you know where all the hidden clips are), and go through the messy process of squeezing them all clean, and resetting the error message!

Archived