Complete France Forum

Quitus fiscal

woolybanana

Who issues this document svp? What papers are needed to get it? My mate is in the process of registering an elderly Terrano and has been asked for this. I know it is proof that the relevant taxes have been paid (ie TVA), but who actually issues it, so I can tell him where to go, so to speak? Thanks guys in advance.

[quote user="Chancer"]Just write your own backdated receipt for its sale from the UK owner to the deceased guy, there is no TVA in the transaction anyway.[/quote]Well I guess the technical owner and the inheritor may be one and the same person now as the deceased should have done this ages ago.  But there's not going to be much comeback on him now, is there?  TVA can be an issue years after purchase if it were originally bought for a commercial use, imo, hence the need for the QF.  But certainly more SD's field than mine.

As far as the tax office is concerned, they generally only want to see a purchase invoice if the age of the vehicle is borderline for TVA being due.  They probably won't insist on one for an older vehicle.

Moving on from here, the brother will need to provide his prefecture with proof of ownership when applying for the carte grise.  Assuming the vehicle owner died in France, the notaire handling the estate will have provided him with an attestation passing title to him.

Archived