Fosse emptying?

Jonzjob

As some of you know we are moving back to the U.K. Before we move we will have to have our fosse emptied. We are in the position of having a right plank for a neighbour who will do as much as possible to make life difficult ! Our leaving will be in the middle of next month.

My question is, what distance away from the fosse can the 'honey waggon' be? This is so that we don't have to use his right of way to park the waggon on. That would be no worry for me, but he is the type of plank that would take it out on our nieghbour at the back when we leave. She is a widow, on her own, and he's already had her in tears on several occasions!

The distance from the fosse to the nearest bit of road is about 30 in a straight line or 40  metres of hose run? I would doubt that they carry that much hose, but ??

Any answers on it please?

"usual" as in courtesy and if it's 4 years since last emptied.  I'm with AnO, the fosse here was not emptied before we bought (owners very part time resident) and, similarly, we did not empty our old fosse before we sold as the house had not been lived in for 3 years.

Also didn't have chimneys either

LOL, Jonz!

I am in the process of selling a house, and the agent has told me I need to get the chimneys swept and fosse emptied *during the week before the sale* and not before.

Seems a pity, if the fosse is functioning perfectly - as the vidangeur has always informed me whenever he has drained it. The incomers will have to nurture it back into life, whereas my - er - deposit was clearly the Right Stuff.

For the first time in almost 40 years we will be on mains drainage when we move and I will be relieved [:-))] without being worried about what I am relieved of [8-)]

One thing that has always confused me is when we were living near Stroud and on a septic jobbie we could chuck just about anything at it and it worked fine. It was shared with our attached neighbour who was not careful wot went down and it worked brilliantly.

But here, you sneeze in the wrong tone and it throws all its toys out and goes en greve!

Why [:'(]