Tax / carte sejour and health insurance!

Spinkie

Hi, can anyone advise me on the following? I currently reside in Guernsey, Channel Islands and employed and pay tax and contributions locally. In April, at my request, I will be moving to France BUT continue to work outside France and be paid etc in sterling in Guernsey.

I have been told that provided I can prove that I have been outside of France for 182 days per year then I am not liable for French income tax or social contributions. That is not a problem as I will be commuting weekly out of France and so will have my air tickets as 'proof'. Does anyone have a different view on this?

Second, I will be paying Guernsey social contributions, and had planned to take out a private health scheme to cover me if I happened to need treatment while in France. (I can't use the E106 as I don't pay UK contributions and Guernsey is not part of the EEC.) But I have just heard that this is no longer possible if you are resident in France. I don't think I will be considered 'resident' due the 182 day ruling...is that correct?

Thirdly, in these circumstances do I need a carte sejour?

For information, my company wouldn't agree to my move if they got lumbered with the hefty employers contributions payable in France - so this is my only option!

Any advice/comments would be very welcome.
Thank you
Spinkie