CSG.-CRDS TAX ES Re:- E106

Jean

I was reliably informed that if you existed under the regime E106 your income would not be subject to the above taxes. Having received a tax bill for this i contested it only to be told by the authorities that i am still liable. If i want to contest this decision i have to go to court. Anybody else experienced this process.

LAST EDITED ON 28-Mar-04 AT 08:18 PM (GMT)

I posted an entry regarding this topic under this posting

http://www.livingfrance.com/dcforum/DCForumID16/709.html

In this I refer to the French Government site where the relevant law (?) is quoted by the French taxation authorities, can I suggest, that as a first step you return to your tax office and request an interview with a senior person and refer them to the information on their own government site.

It appears to me from my limited dealings with the tax authorities and from the postings on LF that the income tax rules tend to be interpreted differently from department to department and virtually from tax inspector to tax inspector.

Last week a friend was told that all UK earnings were converted to Euros based upon the average of the exchange rate on 1st Jan & 31st Dec, yet when I went to see the tax inspector I was allowed to calculate the rate based upon the average rate for the month in which the income was received, what a difference 20 km's can make!

PS. I assume you are refering to earned income here, as unearned income is subject to social charges from the day you arrive.