FD5 submitted. When should we receive refund of tax paid in UK?

Franglais24

I don't even know what an FD5 is, or even if it is related to income tax, however, if it is you might be in for a delay.

I have been due a tax refund every year for the last 6 years. Usually it arrives two weeks after submitting my return, this year I got a statement saying I was due the money, I waited a couple of months then checked my account online, the money was sat there but hadn't been wired to my bank account for some reason. I requested a wire again, it said 5 days, that was 8 days ago and now it says 11-15 days.

Hi,

The FD5 is for the UK/France Double Taxation Convention (yawn)

You can see it here http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr/france-individual.pdf

"APPLICATION for relief at source from United Kingdom income tax and CLAIM 
to repayment of United Kingdom income tax....  [It] is for use by an individual 
resident of France receiving a UK state retirement pension or incapacity benefit 
pensions, purchased annuities, interest or royalties arising in the UK."

F24

[quote]Hi, The FD5 is for the UK/France Double Taxation Convention (yawn) You can see it here http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr/france-individual.pdf "APPLICATION for relief at source from United Kingdom incom...[/quote]

By "completed" a FD 5,  do you mean that you have taken it or sent it to your local tax office?  If you have and the French tax authorities have approved it, as the amount you are claiming back tax on will have equalled the amount that you declared to the French, you should get your refund within 6 weeks, it has to go to Paris, then to Nottingham and then Nottingham authorise the Non Residents  tax office in Bootle to advise your payer to make future payments without UK tax deducted and make a tax refund.